Chapter 3

Jace's POV
Every time I went to talk to her, Bryce was there. If looks could kill, he'd have holes in his head. The next time I was able to talk to Bryce was when, I was at his house. My mom brought us to my Uncle Edmond's house for dinner.

"We doing this now?"

"Yep."

Harvey and I pulled Bryce aside.

"We know what you're doing."

"What am I doing?"

"Cheating."

He rolled his eyes.

"How many times do I have to tell you this?! I am not cheating on her!"

"That's fucking crap!"

"We saw the pictures from the party!"

"Oh you saw those? They're fake."

"Are you fucking serious right now?"

"Tell her or we will."

He laughed.

"You seriously think she'd listen to you losers?"

My hands balled into fists.

"You're a piece of shit!"

"Are you really going to stick to that story?"

"It's the truth."

I rolled my eyes. I walked away. After we ate, we went back home. I was up all night making sure, I had enough to tell Evelyne. In the morning, I drank a lot of coffee. I was falling asleep in my classes. My friend Andre slapped the back of my head.

"Hey! The fuck was that for?!"

"You're acting differently. Why?"

"I don't wanna get into it. If I tell you, it'll start shit."

"Whatever."

I can't drag anyone else into this.

I'm telling her today.

At the end of the day, I started walking around school looking for Evelyne.

Where could she be?

I wasn't able to see her.

"You're hanging out with your cousin."

"No! Mom I KNOW what he's been doing!"

"And that is?"

I grabbed everything I had.

"He's cheating on Evelyne!"

"Are you sure?"

I showed her.

"Me and Harv have spent weeks looking for shit."

"Oh god. Does he know, you know?"

"Yes. Me and Harvey told him. He's denying everything."

"Shit. Should I talk to your uncle?"

"No. Don't drag him into this. It'll just blow up in our faces."

My brother and I were forced to go spend time with Bryce. We heard screaming coming from inside. We started banging on the door. I started looking under rocks to see if there was a spare key. I found one under a flower pot. I picked it up and unlocked the door.

"STOP! PLEASE!"

"That's-"

"EVELYNE!"

We both ran up the stairs.

"I'M TIRED OF YOU!"

We busted Bryce's bedroom door open. We saw him on top of Evelyne with a knife in his hands. Evelyne had her hands on his. She was trying to get the knife away from her.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Harvey and I ran over to them. We started trying to rip Bryce away from her. We were too busy paying attention to Bryce, we didn't even notice where the knife went until, we heard a scream. Our heads turned to look at Evelyne. Her chest was cut pretty badly.

"JESUS CHRIST!"

We managed to get Bryce away from her. We used some of his belts and tied him to his bed. Then we ran back over to Evelyne. She was holding her chest.

"Call the fucking cops Harvey!"

My brother took out his phone.

"Evelyne I need you to move your hands."

I pulled her hands away and saw how bad it was. My eyes widened. I put her hands back. I took off my sweater and put it on her chest. I just started holding it.

"I-I-I!"

"Don't try to talk."

She couldn't stop crying.

"They're coming."

"Good! Stay on the phone with them!"

"No shit Sherlock!"