Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Did I just hear this guy right? Is he even in his right mind? Oh my unicorns. Oh my bloody unicorns.

"Noelle?"

"OH MY BLOODY UNICORNS!" I spat without thinking. Really now Noelle? Unicorns? I should've just shut my trap.

"Uh.. Noelle, unicorns?" Zac asked, biting his inner cheek to hold his laughter.

"I'm sorry it was just reflex. Like instead of cursing with bad words I curse the unicorn I guess," I rambled nonchalantly.

"So is that a no?"

"Bingo. Zac, you have a girlfriend. I don't wanna play with fire. But look, we could be friends cause I do enjoy your company anyway. Especially tonight, thank you so much for being there." I unclasped my seatbelt and reached to hug him. Thankfully, he hugged back.

"I'm sorry Noelle, I just can't help but admire you even from the day we first met. There's just something that holds in you," he said as I pulled away. I looked at his eyes and they were full of sincerity. Well who am I kidding, this guy has been looking so genuine in his actions. I looked away and cleared my throat just before stepping out of the car.

"Thank you Zac, I'll see you around I guess."

He left after saying bye and then it became all silent again. The air was so good, I could feel the night breeze through this angel costume. Angel costume. Ugh. I can't believe I fell for that. Why would Christina be so rude, that was actually pretty low of her, especially when her boyfriend was the one helping me. I guess there'll always be that someone who can't just be busy with their own lives. I looked up to the stars and felt serendipity. Of course it had to be disturbed by something. My phone was vibrating and Luke's name was on the call ID. Sighing, I answered the call.

"The sky's so tumblr tonight," Luke's voice sounded a bit strained but I can't help but chuckle at his choice of adjective.

"Tumblr? Really? You can't come up with a proper adjective?" I said, smiling to myself.

"Hey, in my defense, I know I'm not the only one using it as an adjective."

"Yeah, sure." After what seemed like a minute of silence through the phone he finally spoke again.

"Noelle, I heard about the party. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I should've known. I could've-"

"Shh. Luke, it's fine really. I'm just glad that at least I didn't come up with lame comebacks." He laughed and it just made me smile. Luke has been there through the thick and thins and it's fair enough if I don't always cling on to him.

"At least I'm here now."

"Wait - what? You're here? I don't see you." I said, looking around my neighborhood. Nope, no sign of him.

"Okay so I'm not exactly there in front of your nose," I snorted. This guy seriously has his own vocabulary. "But go to the park by the corner."

I didn't end the call as I made my way to the park and thankfully, he didn't too so that I won't feel like I'm walking alone. I figured I could still stay out sometime, since I came home early from the party. I was already reaching the first bench in the park when I could see a guy's back facing me with a picnic basket. I made my way towards him in attempt to shock him but he turned back to face me. In my defense, I didn't fail, he was shocked. I guess it was because of the costume I'm wearing.

"Woah. You know I may be pissed at Christina for pranking on you like that but she did get the angel out of you," he said, with this look I couldn't quite comprehend. Nevertheless, I smiled at him.