I-Spy

A: N Drank A Lot Of Coffee And I'm Up Here Writing Things Left And Right.

-----------------------------------------------------

When Erwin travels alone, or even with others, to the galas and parties in Mitras, he takes a book with him to entertain himself. He's never been the one for small talk.

And that's why Erwin loves travelling with Levi. Because silence is welcome but so is conversation. It's never boring with Levi - never - no matter what the circumstance. The smaller man always finds a way to entertain Erwin, even if he's just sitting there watching the day pass by.

Perhaps it's because Erwin can't get enough of looking at him, perhaps it's because when Levi does speak, it's something worthwhile and meaningful. Either way, Erwin enjoys his company.

This particular gala had been boring - draining - and the wine was God awful. It was expensive, apparently, but it tasted exactly how Levi had described it-

"Piss with ink."

Usually Erwin relies on the wine to loosen the tension in his shoulders and make the interactions with those pigs - again, Levi's words - easier.

So, Erwin had to find other ways to loosen the tension and Levi had offered a brilliant method.

A noble had fallen asleep in one of the hallways, head tilted back, mouth open and drooling. Levi spotted him, pulled Erwin by his cuff and pointed with a menacing look. He suggested a game.

"Whoever gets the bread in his mouth first wins. The loser has to drink an entire pitcher of that fucking disgusting wine."

Erwin had agreed with, he hates to admit it, very little persuasion and Levi had ended up winning. By the time Levi claimed his victory, the nobleman was surrounded by bits of ripped bread. It was rather funny at the time and still so now, bringing the faintest smile to Erwin's lips.

"What are you smiling about? That wine finally hit you?" Levi asks.

Erwin grimaces at the memory of drinking the pitcher of wine. He's a large man and can handle his alcohol well but even that stuff brought a heat to his cheeks. He's been lightheaded all day - feeling giddy and silly. It's strange, - or maybe not so strange - he thinks, that Levi can bring this out in him.

"Perhaps a few hours ago. It's worn off now." He says letting his head fall back against the carriage seat. Even though the gala had lasted most of the day, it still felt strange for them to be leaving Mitras so early in the evening. The sun hadn't even had the chance to set.

Nobles loved their rest so they preferred daytime parties, hence the victim of their little bread game.

"I hate these carriage rides. I'd pick riding a horse over this shit." Levi mutters, crossing his legs.

"I love them. Do you not find it interesting to watch the world pass by?"

"It's all the same shit." Levi replies with a wave of his hand.

Erwin sees a few people in the streets of Mitras as they ride through and wonders if he can somehow make this ride much more entertaining as Levi had made the gala.

"Have you ever heard of I-spy?" Erwin asks.

Levi looks at him, raises a brow. "What?"

"I-spy. It's a game where you have to guess what the other person has seen. The hint is the first letter of the word." Erwin replies.

Levi seems unimpressed and also very confused. Erwin admits, it was a rather random question he's asked, but to engage with Levi in such a way would be a treat.