Chapter Four - THE HOUSE ELF LIBERATION FRONT, LIVES ON!

The school was in a complete shambles the week after the big announcement as the students just could not stop talking.

At first they discussed the possibilities of inter school Quidditch to the death and then came the rumours. Jayani Finch - Fletchley of Hufflepuff announced over Advanced Potions that her father who worked at the Sports Ministry claimed that the Quidditch matches would be a fight to the death.

Medalusa Cain claimed that there will be a total of five schools taking part beside the Big Three - Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang - a secret magical academy that practiced the Dark Arts somewhere in the Andes Mountains and a Mermaid School in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

At least Prakash Patil-Sharma's claims had a ring of truth in the light of the revelation of his relationship to the Minister of Magic, when he pointed out that there was a Magical Monastery that consisted solely of Wizard Monks who knew only a certain kind of ancient magic and never made contact with the outside world.

It would seem that Hogwarts as a whole was thrilled beyond comprehension.

Everyone but Scorpius.

He knew how this was going to go, this whole Hogwarts ut unum Quidditch team!

Everyone knows who the best beaters in Hogwarts were. They were the best beaters in Hogwarts ever if not for the famed Weasely twins of the nineties.

Scorpius knew he was not the best Seeker in the school right now, no that honour belonged to another Weasely - James Potter, the second of his cursed name!

Scorpius was torn between wanting to play Seeker in the first ever Hogwarts team! He wanted to fight Potter for it fair and square and he wanted to win that fight!

But he didn't know if he wanted it as much if Rose Weasely would be in that same team.

He flicked his wand at the rubber ball he had just thrown at the black stone wall above the fireplace in the Slytherin common room, giving it wings and allowing it to fly around the room bouncing off faces and bums.

He felt worse around Weasely now, he hadn't known it was possible when he had pretty much disliked her lot before but that was only when she annoyed the hell out of him.

Her outburst the other day had left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Part of him realised that she was entitled to be angry, especially if she knew the part his father had played during the return of the Dark Lord.

But his father had been but a child. He had only listened to what Grandfather and Grandmother had told him. He was only trying to be a filial son.

And Scorpius may be tall and blonde and look at you with grey eyes, but Scorpius was not his father!

Scorpius jerked his wand violently and the rubber ball fell to his lap scattering tiny white feathers all over him.

Al was nowhere to be seen and it gave Scorpius ample time to wallow in self-pity.

He thought the fluttering near his ear were the torn feathers and didn't notice for a while that it was an official looking little black owl wearing a small scarf of red and gold patiently waiting for him to remove the letter it had tied to its claw.

Scorpius unwound it and reached in his robes to root around for the pack of crisps he had been munching earlier while catching up with his homework.

'Thanks mate!' He said extending his hand to the owl who appraised the crisps before making off with one as large as its head.

The letter was a newsletter from one of his subscriptions. Scorpius read it with shining eyes.

There was a meeting at Hogwarts?