Chapter Two - TANTRUMS AND TEA LEAVES

I'm on fire today! Already uploaded a chapter on my sports drama love story Summer Girl, Winter Boy, do go check that out! This chapter is mostly filler and kind of boring but I wanted there to be a lull before it picks up next chapter. (which I have no idea what it is about) If you love this vote for it!

Image by the talented sukieblackmore.deviantart.com

Scorpius loved Divination.

His father had raised a crafted blonde eyebrow when he had mentioned how much he loved to look into a crystal ball or in the dredges of a tea cup and catch a glimpse of the unknown, just for a second and how, despite none of it ever coming true, Scorpius imagined that the truth was always there, just difficult for one to really pinpoint what it was about.

Dad didn’t really believe it, Scorpius could well see it, but surely if you believed and lived in magic, was it such a stretch to believe in looking into the future?

Rose Weasely had no patience for such a delicate art and that was another reason Scorpius was staunch in his belief.

Anything that red headed boor didn’t get was definitely of great social and magical value.

She did take Divination with Scorpius only because she couldn’t find another subject to slack off at after her O.W.Ls.

Scorpius knew that Weasely had barely scraped through her O.W.Ls because of the conversation their mothers had had over Butterbeer at the new tavern that opened in Diagon Alley last September.

Mrs. Weasely had no idea why her daughter had lost interest in her studies when she was top of the class until her Fourth Year when she suddenly picked up Quidditch.

Scorpius knew why Weasely had decided to play Quidditch! It was because she lived to make his life hell and she couldn’t stand watching from the sidelines when he was winning game after game for Slytherin.

‘Rose, my dear Rose,’ Professor Trelawney jangled through her laced coffee tables to where Weasely sat on a boudoir draped with Persian carpets, her legs tucked in, hands with palms up resting on her scratched and bruised knees, muttering to herself as she swung back and forth like a dwarf on too much Firewhiskey. ‘What is it? What do you see Rose?

‘I see,’ Weasely recited in gravelly singsong. ‘I see a large bird. Its wings beating in slow motion. Swish-a-swish-a-swish,’ she raised her arms at that, imitating a flapping chicken.

Scorpius snorted derisive, he knew where this was going, but the rest of the class had torn their runny eyes from the bottoms of their tea cups and were joining Professor Trelawney in staring at Weasely in rapt attention. Even his best friend Albus, who knew and understood the levels his cousin would go to make a joke of things.

‘The bird!’ Shrieked Weasely making Scorpius drop his own tea cup, which bounced merrily on the Professor’s multi-ethnic carpets leaving a dark trail of tea and tea leaves in its wake. ‘It speaks! It’s saying something!’ Her snub nose crunched, forcing all the freckles to convene right in the middle of her face over her fluttering red lashes. Scorpius found himself holding his breath in spite of himself. ‘I can’t hear what it says!’ Weasely wailed shrilly.

Professor Trelawney climbed onto the boudoir hastily and took Weasely’s hands in her own. ‘Don’t give up Rose! Do not give up! Seek assistance from the Fates! Intercede with them to broaden your mind, to help you peer past the mundane!’

‘HELP ME FATES!’ Weasely bellowed dramatically throwing her hands into the air, knocking Professor Trelawney’s glasses askew and plunging her partner Jack Wood into a hysteric fit of giggles.