Chapter 15

-Dane

My father rubbed a hand over his tired face and looked at me from behind his deck. "I'm stepping down as Alpha tomorrow Dane. Make sure Remi knows what that entails."

"We just mated, father. Give her a little time to think things over." I plead not ready to tell Remi she had to have my pups.

"The pack will demand a pup as soon as possible." Father tells me. "The longer you two wait the more antsy they'll get."

"I know." I sigh, stand up. "I'm going to find my mate and try to explain to her the situation." With that I storm out and run up the stairs where I stop in front of my door and hear Remi, Stella, and Jen laughing.

"I still can't believe you and Dane are fully mated." Jen giggles. "I mean you two like just met, right?" Remi laughs.

"Yeah, but I wasn't about to go through an entire night of heat. That shit hurts."

"I so do not want to go through that." Jen says.

"If you do, don't feel like you have to mate with Nico just to make it go away." Remi warns. "It'll suck but you need to make sure you're 100% sure like I was with Dane." Pride fills my chest hearing her say that.

"So..." Stella draws out. "Did you two happen to use protection?" I can hear Remi choke on her next words.

"We don't need to." She breaths. "I have to have Dane's pups soon anyways. Why not now?" I curse myself for not remembering to use a condom. Sure I wanted to fill Remi to the brim with my cum and make sure she got pregnant but something in the way she said that made me think she wasn't ready to be a mom.

"Well I guess we'll find out soon right?" Jen asks excitedly. Jen may be a new wolf but her wolf had strong instinct and was excited at just the thought of her Luna having the next heir.

"I guess yeah." Remi laughs.

"I think-" Stella cuts off when Remi shushes her. I hear the bed creak and footsteps come closer to the door. Then suddenly it flies open and Remi stands there with a smirk.

"You know it's rude to eavesdrop." She comments. I laugh nervously and glance at Stella and Jen.

"Why don't we get going." Stella suddenly suggests to Jen who nods and hurries out. Remi gives me a look and walks to the bed.

"Do you really not mind having my pups so soon?" I ask, shutting the door and sitting next to her.

"No Dane, I really don't" She whispers, crawling onto my lap. I hug her to me and breathe in her fresh scent. "Dane?" She asks into my chest.

"Hmm?"

"Did you use protection last night?"

"No." I breathe. "I forgot. I was too caught up in trying to get you out of heat." She pulls away from me and smiles.

"Then we might be having little ones sooner than we thought."

"I should be able to sense them by tomorrow." I say.

"Tomorrow?" She asks. I nod.

"She-wolves are only pregnant for three months. Sometimes not even that." Her eyes widen.

"T-three months?" I pull her snug against me.

"Everything will be alright Remi. My father is stepping down as Alpha tomorrow anyways so this needed to happen."

"Okay." She whispers.

"Are you mad?" I ask.

"No! No, not at all!" She assures me. "It's just a lot to think about."