Chapter Ten : A Black Market?

WOO we hit 1k reads! I am very thankful for everyone who is reading my book, thank you thank you thank you!!! I didn't think I would make it this far tbh, my motivation dies so easily but I'm very proud of sticking it out!

Also- would anyone be interested in a one piece fanfiction? I started writing one but it was only a background thing while I thought of ideas for other books.

Anyways, Enjoy!!

______________

Asta and Noelle said goodbye to that one grieving child and we headed back to the base.

"You guys had a real tough time out there!" Mister Yami laughed at us. "Whatever, good job idiots."

"YESSIR!!" The two boys yelled.

Vanessa told us "great work" while yawning, she wrapped an arm around me and started to explain. "The magic investigation department is examining what the criminals left behind but. . They haven't gotten any important information out of it." She changed her position on me, going behind as she wrapped both of her arms around my neck and placed her head on top of mine. "That pocket watch he left was valuable. Considering that and how they acted, they might be extremists OR dissidents from the noble realm. Oh who's this little guy? How cute!" She noticed the bird on top of Asta's head.

"He sorta followed me."

"Well it doesn't matter, in recognition of your actions." Yami pulls out a gold star, "the wizard king has awarded us a gold star!"

"WOAAAH!! FOR REAL!" Magna yelled in shock.

"WE WON A STAR?! Er- YOU GUYS WON A STAR?!" I jumped up in excitement, "Asta got a star on his first mission~! Asta got a star on his first mission~!" I pointed to Yami, "SEE!! I told you he was worth it!!"

"Yeah yeah." Yami rolled his eyes but still had a small smile on his face.

"A star?! What's a star?!" Asta looked at Magna and I for answers.

"Stars are rewarded to magic knights by the wizard king when they do missions, of course you gotta really earn them though." I started, "all the squads have a contest to see who can get the most. Although golden dawn always seems to win, at least they have whenever I went to the fair with Amira."

"So far the golden dawn is in first with seventy, which is a lot!" Vanessa states.

Yami let go of the star and it flew to the star board. "Great! That makes us a nice, neat minus thirty!"

Yeah I expected that. I sighed and Asta yelled in shock.

"And here, your wages for this month." Yami set a bag of coins into everyone's hands except mine.

"WOAH MONEY!!!" Asta screamed as the coins slid out of his hands.

"It's barely anything. . ." Noelle looked into the bag with disappointment.

"ARE YOU KIDDING?! WITH THIS MUCH MONEY I CAN BUY 2000 NOMOTATOES!!"

"Nomotatoes? What's that?"

"It's a potato from Hage, it's filling and tastes a little weird!!"

Hage?

"And here." Yami said.

I looked towards him, his fist was held out to me. I stared at it before fist bumping him.

"What? No." He grabbed my hand and placed a few coins in it, "for helping out today."

Vanessa laughed at my fist bump.

"Oh!" I looked a them, it was five gold coins. "Haoly sheet-" The weight of them made me feel rich, I cupped them and threw them lightly into the air to hear the clinks when they hit each other. "Thanks Mister Yami!" I quickly gave him a hug before he could stop me.