Legends Die and Legends Begin

"You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you just have to find it!"

These were the finals words of the pirate king, Gol D. Roger as he was executed. But those words he spoke, their impact would go on to re-shape the world. As the world's greatest pirate, Roger was inspiration to men and women all around the globe, and the thought of obtaining his trove of treasure he'd collected his whole life would spark a fire within humanity. And thus, brave souls took to the sea in search of his treasure, ushering in a time which would come to be known as "The Great Pirate Era!" 

This world is unlike any other. There is but one continent which splits the world into two halves, and perpendicular to that continent is the grand line, the most notorious sea on the globe. In each of this world's four corners is a sea, the East Blue, South Blue, West Blue, and where we begin our journey, the North Blue. 

On a small Navy run island, a supply ship came into port. The Navy marines unloaded their haul of weapons and ammunition, knowing they'd need it should any pirates dare to set foot on their land. And as the final bit of supplies were taken off, the supply ship set sail towards its next destination. 

"Let's see here, where are we putting this chest? It's pretty heavy, must be full of weapons." A marine asked his officer. 

"Unclear at the moment. Leave it there and take this barrel of food to base. The chefs are starting to run low on rations. Here, i'll give you a hand, then we'll come back for that chest." The officer replied as he and the rest of the marines at the shipyard took parts of their supplies up to their base. However, unbeknownst to them, inside that chest they were pondering over was far more valuable than food, weapons, or even treasure. 

*BANG!* The sound of gunfire roared as a hole was blown through the top of the chest. The hole wasn't huge, maybe only large enough to fit a human sized hand through. And from the hole, an eye could be seen. It was moving all around, trying to see what was around the chest, but it saw nothing. 

"Sweet! Now's my chance!" A girl's voice spoke as she began to tear apart the wooden chest she was in from the hole she made. Soon enough, the hole was big enough, allowing her to climb out. "Oh man, feels so good to be out of that crampy thing!"

The girl was young, no older than 17. Her hair was long and reddish-brown, with her eyes sharing a similar red colour. She wore a pale white shirt with a red short coat over top of it. She dawned black and grey vertical striped pants and brown boots, along with a long red scarf tied around her waist and a red bandana tied just above her left elbow. On the left of her hips was a traditional looking cutlass sword, and holstered on her right side was a flintlock pistol. 

Her name is Cayna Duvain, and she too was inspired by the tales of Gol D

Her name is Cayna Duvain, and she too was inspired by the tales of Gol D. Roger. But like the pirates who set sail before her, she wasn't set on venturing out into the Grand Line to find his legendary treasure. No, her goal was simply to explore the vast world.