CHAPTER 6

Charlene's pov

We just let Raven take us, she walked around the vast field until we reached a huge tree. The queen jumped down and grabbed me by the waist helping me down. She kept her hands on me the only sort of light that made me see her face was the moon, her face was close to mine and neither of us looked away. Raven moved pushing us, I fell right on top of the queen with a small yelp. My hands were on each side of her head and hers were still on my waist, my hair brushed against her face and I could feel her breath on my lips if I accidentally move forward my lips would touch hers. She stood up making me back away, I couldn't breath for some reason. I quickly stood up and too a step backwards, she did the same and went closer to the tree sitting under it with her back leaning on it. She patted the the spot next to her and I hesitantly went to sit next to her.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked when I finally found my words, she chuckled and played with the grass still not looking at me.

"I didn't, Raven did" she said in a matter fact tone, I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face. Of course the horse has her own thoughts and she brought us here.

"No, why did you bring me to the field in the first place" I asked again, this time she turned to catch my eues. They were half open as she stared at me under her long lashes.

"You said you were bored" she whispered, did she really think of me? She didn't want me to be bored or was she just upset I was hanging out with Lupus.

"Are you sure? Or was it me hanging out with Lupus that upset you?" I joked with a small chuckle, she didn't smile nor did she find it funny because the next thing I know she was on top of me.

"Maybe..." She whispered against my lips, almost touching mine. My heart was beating uncontrollably and I didn't know what to do or how to feel. Her thumb brushed against my bottom lip and down my neck, her hand wrapped around my throat but didn't grab it too tight.  It was just sitting around it, she smirked and leaned closer to my ear.

"Your heart seems to like this..." She whispered licking my earlobe, I unconsciously let out a soft moan at the feeling of her tongue against my skin. At the realization of our position and what was happening I moved and accidentally kicked her between her legs, she winced and dropped on the side holding her crotch.

"That's what you get for doing that" I said getting up and going towards Raven, she groaned and slowly got up still holding her crotch. We ended up going back to the castle and she let Raven run to the field again, I walked straight to my room without looking back or saying anything to her.

----------------

The next morning, I went to the dining room to have breakfast as if nothing has happened yesterday. As if she didn't take me on a horse ride, as if she didn't make me feel some type of way. I could feel her eyes on me waiting for me to look at her but I didn't, I just digged in and ate in silence.

Lupus walked in the room and leaned closer to her telling her something. She nodded and walked out of the room leaving me and him.

"Good morning your highness" he said bowing, he sat on the seat next to me and stole a grape from the plate.

"Today, you're fighting a woman knight. She's very strong" he said chewing on the fruit in his mouth, I nodded wiping my mouth with a napkin. I headed out with Lupus behind me to find the queen talking to a woman with a similar leather armor like mine only it was all black. She saw me staring and her eyes rolled with a smirk.

This woman didn't have a sword, she had an axe. Who was she? A viking? She swayed the object in her hand and smirked at me. I grabbed my sword like always and got ready, without any signal she started charging at me. I quickly dodged her hits, she was fighting me like I killed her dog or slept with her dad. I blocked her axe with my sword before it hit my face and pushed her back. She might be a viking after all because she was stronger than the guy from yesterday.

She cracked her neck and swung her axe one more I had to grab my sword from the both sides, I felt it cut my palm but at least the axe didn't split my forehead into two. I had enough of her so I kneed her in the stomach and hit her on the back of her head with the bottom of my sword and she fell unconscious. I threw the sword away and winced at the pulsing cut on my palm.

The queen grabbed a cloth and wrapped it around my hand to stop the bleeding, Lupus handed her a bottle of alcohol and she looked at me.

"It's gonna sting a little" she said pouring the liquid on my head making me scream in pain. It stings a lot, it burned so bad. She grabbed another cloth that was dry and wrapped around my cut. She kissed my palm and patted it gently making sure not to hurt me.  I stared at her almost forgetting the pain, how was she so soft and gentle with me? I thought I was her enemy, I thought she was the ruthless ruler of this kingdom that killed anything that breathes her way. But with me, she was....gentle.

***************
So many uploads in one night!! Let's goo..

-S