13

1 month later...

"hey keishaa" i dragged on the phone. "hey girly, what you been up to" she asked. "taking care of my business, and you know... thinking" i told her. "i think i want to move and start over"

"what ... why" she asked. "i don't know, the vibes here just isn't fit for me. I have 2 shops in cali... so i might move down there" i told her. "what about ray, baby jay, and toot" she asked. "they can still talk over the phone.. i don't know key. i may be selfish thinking this but i feel like life would be easier if we could just restart. i don't want to separate ray from his cousins but atleast he's young. And we can still visit" i say.

"look mari, im not gonna tell you what's best for you but i think running away from your problems won't solve it. Coming from a friend, it may have been wrong to start messing with kai AND ash on that type of level. They were your baby father friends at the end of the day" she told me bluntly.

i sighed, "i know, i feel so guilty. i should've never done anything with them... i'm so mad at myself for it. i never did anything with ashoni though, it was just kai. Not saying it's something to brag about but even so, i can't control how my heart feels towards them"

"so have you been having feelings for kai..." key asked. "no, i don't have feeling towards him..." i said. "so why you say towards them, it sound like you got feelings for both" she said. "ughhh, i don't know keisha" i said getting irritated. "i just know i don't like seeing him with ari. And i definitely don't like seeing ash with that girl" i admitted.

"mari..." she said. "i know key. this why i think it's best for me to move. it's too much going on in my head. i don't know how i ended up liking the whole friend group. it's dirty." i said getting disgusted with myself. "don't be too hard on yourself, you are right. you can't control your feelings but honestly mari... you can hide them. let's be forreal ramari, this shit is wrong"

"my god keisha, i know already. you don't gotta tell me that shit damn. i know you're trying to help me, and i see you as a sister so i feel that i CAN get irritated with the fact that you're trying to help me but sometimes i don't want help. i'm financially stable, and able to care for me and my son. if i think that moving is best for me and my child, then i'm going to do it. i confided to you thinking you'd understand but clearly you don't. bye bruh, before i get irritated more" i said hanging up.

i sighed irritably at the ring camera notification that kept going off. i looked in the camera seeing ashoni. I pressed the microphone to speak through the camera, "what" i asked. He looked at the camera before scoffing. "bra, open the fucking door before i break in. not boutta speak to yo ass through a camera" he chuckled bitterly.

"just say what you gotta say" i said seriously in the microphone. "ard bruh. not kissing no bitch ass" he mumbled but i heard him clearly. "okay bitch leave" i said in the microphone. "who the fuck you talking to ramari. open the fuckin' door bra before you piss me off" he turned around looking at the camera.

"no.. i'm calling the police if you don't leave" i told him. he nodded, "ard bra, keep that same energy on zay" he said walking away. "wait" i yelled in the microphone. he stopped, "can you pick up raylon" i asked, lowkey joking lowkey serious. "stop fuckin playing with me bruh" he flicked the camera off, "i wasn't even playing..." i tucked my bottom lip in my mouth.

He pulled out my driveway.

i need a vacation.