The day it fell apart

(Wolf-Fang (sparrow man)  and Rayla (fairy) are my original characters) and yes, I know wolves don't purr)

Nyx was at the healers. And learned that she couldn't do scout duty for a few weeks due to the burns on her left hand. The healer then wrapped her hand in leaves and spider silk.

Nyx felt hurt about possibly giving up what she had to do. Rayla and Wolf-Fang will take over the scouts' leadership role while she recovers.

Nyx went home with a heavy heart.

When she returned home, she looked around the house. It was usually busy with Fawn writing about new creatures or the smell of food being prepared. But today, she was greeted by the sounds of tears. Nyx took a breath to steady herself as she looked at her hand.

She finally walked into the house, where she saw Fawn lying with her head on the dining table, crying. Nyx, aware of what happened to her girlfriend years ago, had wished that yesterday's incident had never happened.

The scout walked over to the animal fairy and ran her hand over her girlfriend's scars, and they were not from animals like some may think. They were from an iron cage trap. The cage was too small to slip free from. Her wings took the majority of the damage, but by some miracle, she could still fly, and her body was burned in the process, but she survived; the injury to her body had healed. But the wounds in Fawn's spirit and mind never did. Nightmares of that day now forever haunt Fawn.

Nyx hugged the animal fairy and held her softly in her arms. Calmly trying to soothe her love of the pain she felt because of the memories.