Chapter 3

Miniature A/N So, how's your vodka and chocolate supply holding up so far, @AJSCURRAH Think you have enough? You may need more by the end of this chapter... MWAHAHAHA.

I shook his body, all the while mumbling "No, no, no. Don't die on me, Danny. Don't die." but it was in vain attempt. He was gone too.

A bullet grazed my arm. Blood hit the ground. A muffled scream echoed out of my lips, but I cared not on what happened. They were going to pay for killing my cousin, and nothing nor nobody was gonna stop me.

I scrambled to the gun, aimed, then fired.

You see, Danny and I were not the best of cousins. We'd never really gotten along until the past 3 years. Our agreements are few and far between, but there was always something we could agree on: The moment someone killed our blood, we'd kill them.

I shot, and shot, and shot. My gun stopped shooting. My heart skipped a beat. I tried again. No results. I tried and tried, but still nothing. I'd run out of ammo. Yes, on my fault it was stupid for me not to grab extra, but, when you're under attack and in a hurry, you tend not to think about that.

I went for Danny's gun. I shot from there for a while, as well, but then I realized I was too late, I ran out of ammo there, as well. Of course, since Danny wasn't the only fatality we'd had, I ran toward someone else's gun. I kept shooting.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy. I looked down, and saw blood. I didn't even realize it was mine. There was so much. I was having trouble breathing. I couldn't hardly move. Was this the end? Was this what death feels like?

__________________________________________

I REALLY wanted to end it here, but it would be way too short.

__________________________________________

Black dots rolled in and out of my vision. This was the end. No... NO don't think that way. You can do this. You can make it through this. You WILL get back home. You will NOT die out here on the field.

The dots were getting thicker, and were moving slower. I felt a prickling sensation of pain coming from... I don't even know where. The next thing I knew, there were faces in front of mine. A flashlight in my eyes. I heard the faint words, distancing themselves from hearing towards the end, "She's alive, but barely. Let's get her in. She probably won't make it, but they're not dead until they're dead."

I was blacking out, and I knew it. I think they all did, too. I felt a warm liquid on my back, right before they lifted me onto, what I think is, a stretcher. My breathing left in ragged breaths. I coughed, and felt more liquid. I couldn't breathe anymore. I was dying. There was no way I could make it out of this. My eyes were fixed, I couldn't move except for the hardly breathing and coughing blood that raked my body. All I saw was the sky, but it was a deep red, mixed with black. Was I-? Was I bleeding from my eyes? Am I crying my own blood? Am I... dying? Dead?

I knew the answer, but I couldn't face it, I was dying. I wouldn't make it out of this.

___________________________

I ask again. How's your vodka and chocolate supply? I'm evil, aren't I?