Chapter 3 ~ Clueless Good Byes and Hellos

We arrived at the airport. It felt odd because there wasn't as many people as always. Usually, when we arrive at the airport, it is impossible to find a parking spot. This time, though, we parked right in front of the main door that I was pretty pleased about. 

We took out our luggage out of our car's trunk and placed them on this tiny cart that looked like it was going to break any second. All three of us, Mom, Dad and I hugged my Uncle Danny. Before we knew it he drove away. 

We walked inside and did the usual routine. We checked our luggage in, went  through security and sat down at seats where our gate was until they called for our flight. My Dad wasn't very patient so he asked my Mom to go with him to the stores they had at the airport. My Dad asked me if I wanted to go and I immediately declined. I was tired already from getting up so early in the morning that I could care less about shopping, which was pretty shocking considering the fact that I love shopping. I had told my Mom to go with my Dad so they could get some "alone" time and so that I could get some too!

They both walked away, and I was happy about that. I took off my sweatshirt, rolled it up to a little ball, and made it as a pillow. I layed back to where I had an extra three seats because we were one of the first people there, so I was pretty confortable. I took out my laptop and of course went on Twitter, also know as my obsession. I was tweeting people like mad because I wasn't going to have been able to tweet on the plane. I also went on Facebook and that is when I realized that I didn't even get to say good-bye to my friends! I was so mad and very fustrated! I wasn't going to be able to see my friend for another two months! I tried texting them but none of them would answer me because there was no service! I sent them a message on Facebook but it wouldn't have been as special. I felt so sad and depressed. 

Later, many more people started to come. There was only an hour and thirty minutes left untill our flight so I was still pretty cozy. I looked around me and I could tell that there were a lot of Greek people there.

The two seats next to where my head was resting was clear so along came this middle-aged woman was very beautiful and her teenaged son. I got up so it wouldn't be awkward. The teenaged boy decided to sit next to me and I didn't mind it!

He was very attractive. He had curly brown hair and was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt with the hoodie on. He was on his phone and it looked like he was on Twitter. "My kind of guy," I thought. As his thumbs touched the phone's screan, I couldn't help but look at his hands. They were muscular with a light tan and you could see his vains. 

I had always loved guys with muscular hands. Not too muscular that it looked like his vains were going to pop out any second. They were muscular in a calm and relaxing way. 

I didn't want it to seem like I was looking at him, so I went on my laptop and started tweeting... again. I had noticed he kept looking over at my screen. So I tried to stay away from anything embarassing. He kept looking at my screen still when all of a sudden I get a call from Carley, my best friend. 

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the airport."

"But we didn't even get to say good bye. Stacy I'm gonna miss you! We have to talk on Skype every weekend okay? Okay?!"

"I know, I know! I'll miss you too! We'll talk on Skype! But the next time I will see you, we will be Sophomores in high school. How depressing." 

"Girl, I know. Anyways though, have a safe flight and we will talk sometime!"

"Okay girl, I'll miss you. Bye!"

I hung up the phone and went back to my business. I started to text on my phone but then I accidentaly hit my elbow against his. He turned and looked at me and smiled.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said calmly. 

"Oh no big deal," he said as he put down his phone on his lap, "So, you're flying to Greece too?"

"Yeah, with my parents. Are you?"

"Yeah, I have family there so I want to go visit them," he smiled and nodded. He didn't really seem happy that he was going to Greece either. "Where do you sit?"

"Um, row 23 seat F I think." 

"Cool! I sit right next to you. I sit at row 23 seat E," he giggled, "We get the window seat!" I giggled also. By that point I was so happy that I wasn't going to sit next to some old guy that snorred. I didn't mind that I was going to sit next to this boy because, c'mon. He was hot, he was my type. Eventually though, I figured that he wouldn't like me. I was some stranger he had just met. He probably had a girlfriend back home. What was I thinking?

Yet again, I could still have a little fun and hope. Right?

"I'm Dylan by the way," he took out his hand, "And you are?"

"Stacy," I said shaking his hand.