twelfth: the battle

Statue of Liberty — New York

— Peter's POV —

"Sup, Pete?" Electro said.

Where’d that come from? Electro then bolts into view — the ARC REACTOR mounted on his chest.

"How you like the new-new?" he said sarcastically before eyeing the magic box I'm holding. "Look, you give it to me, I’m gonna destroy it." he laughs. "But I’ll let you live. Don’t make me a murderer, Peter."

I swing off with The Box and calls out the other Spider-Men over their comms.

"Okay, guys. Here he comes." I spoke through the comms.

As Electro chases after...

On the scaffolding, the older Peter and the other Peter then swing into action

On the scaffolding, the older Peter and the other Peter then swing into action. The other Peter lunches at Electro with the cure.

"Hey, Max! I missed you, man- Whoa!" the other Peter shouted.

He then webs out of the way, just before-- ZAP! A thunder bolt came through, Electro barely misses him.

"All right, MJ! Heads up!" I exclaimed.

I reach the portal by the crown, tossing The Box through to MJ and Ned, at the ready. MJ catches The Box.

— Y/n's POV, Midtown School Lab —

"Got it!" MJ said as she turns to Ned. "Close it."

Ned starts moving his arm in circles, like before. But... THE PORTAL WON’T CLOSE!

"Uh... Ned, it’s not closing." I told him.

"Yeah, I know." Ned responded, sounding nervous.

"Why isn’t it closing?" MJ asked.

"I don’t know, I--"

"Did you close it before?"

"No, I mean, I’ve opened some..."

— 3rd POV —

At the watery base of the statue... Lizard LEAPS out of the water.

Electro continues to shoot electric currents at the other Peter, who dodges them. Drops down on the crown.

"Max! Max, Max... can we just talk for a second? Just you and me, just—"

"Look who showed up! My old friend, Spider-Man." Electro exclaimed.

"I’m trying to save you, Max. That’s all I’ve ever wanted."

"You’re not trying to save me."

"I am."

"You ain’t even the shit no more."