Rafael

My worst fear has come true. Well, not my worst fear. It is a couples year at initiation. Every waking moment we must spend together. In theory, it is supposed to instill something they call the "sibling affect." They train the girl to go on the offensive, and they train the guy to protect her no matter what.
My instructor, Eddie, shoves a mission report into my hand. The girls are always better at Intel, he says. Having just moved from Brazil, his accent is thick. "Your mission this week, is to use your fake alias and travel to one of your parents home towns or countries, I suggest your fathers. You must get information of their former lives, and return with a briefing for all of us." I roll my eyes. This should be interesting. "I guess we're going to the Dominican." A little known fact is that Adrian's father was adopted into my family, however, their plan was always for their children to get married and take over the family 'business'. "Kiyete la boca por favor." Adrian whisper screamed at me. Like I said, a closely guarded secret. "DISMISSED" Eddie shouts. All the initiates recite the code, "Ser fuerte, ser leal, lucha" Adrian walks back to our room in front of me, chattering about some kind of beach crap. "Adrian." No answer. "Adrian." Still no answer. "ADRIAN!" "WHAT YOU MESSED UP MY VIBE." "I don't think messing up your loser train was a bad idea." I retorted, "anyway, we should be heading to the locker room to grab our papers." He slaps his head and heads to the right. This kid can be a real trip sometimes. A smile spreads across my face as I remember the times we spent together, then my sisters death smacks me like a ton of bricks. He grabs my papers along with his and shoves them in his brief case, along with the keys to his jet. Yes we're rich. Yes this lifestyle is normal. "Could we stop buy the graveyard before we leave?" His gray eyes soften. "Yeah. That's fine." He reaches back in his locker and grabs the keys to my car. A BMW M9. "I'm driving." He says looking at me. My eyes are probably bloodshot again. Curse my eyedrops for not working.

*At the graveyard*
This isn't a regular grave yard. This is the mafia graveyard. I walk into the scanner and lift my sleeve, "Alejandra Ghadi, seventh generation Ghadi clan, mafia heiress." The machine reads. I ignore the words of the machine as Adrian scans in behind me. Our siblings were buried together. My uncle invented the technology to put in graves where loved ones scan their tattoos and it plays a video of their life in clips. If you want the video that they made before their death you have to give blood. You see, our lives are so dangerous we are required to make videos for our loved ones from the time we are ten years old. When you die the most current one is played by your family members and friends putting a drop of blood onto your grave site. Without thinking Adrian pulled out a knife and slit his hand. He looked over at me and I held out my hand. A slight stinging feeling and I smashed my hand onto her grave. "Hola Aly. I'm sorry I had to leave you so soon. I don't know how I died or when, but I know you will be just fine without me. Make me proud." I look slightly over to see tears running down Adrian's cheeks. His brother has just said his final words. Adrian's jaw hardens. "Let's go." He grabs my hand and leads my out, the scanner going crazy from having to double identify. He hops in the drivers seat of my car and speeds off. "You okay." "Yeah I'm sorry I just." "I understand." I say touching his shoulder. His skin looses its tension at my touch, and I pull away." Seconds later we are at the airport. We scan in and wait for ATC to let us take off.

*In the Dominican Republic*

"Remember, don't be yourself, that's very important." Adrian coaches. My abuela never liked the mafia and always tried to keep her children and grandchildren out of the business. "Ah, my loves have finally come to see me. Where are your siblings?" "They..they are very sick mama." Adrian stammers. Abuela raises one eyebrow and looks at me, "very bad food poisoning mama. They send their love." My father wants my abuela to think he is a successful business man. I sometimes wonder why she isn't suspicious of our fake names, or why Adrian and I know how to fly planes at sixteen. Even my cousin Rafael lives with her and is part of the business. Speaking of which, "Chici Adri!" "Rafi!!" We yell as we run to greet our cousin. "What brings you here??" "Just papi's work." I say, slowly bringing two fingers into a curved salute. The smile leaves his face. "Coffee anyone?" I grab the keys to my car from Abuela's key box. "Sure. Adrian lets go."

*at the coffee shop*
"So what are you here to do?" Rafael asks. "Find out about our history, find the people who killed our siblings." Adrian says in a no nonsense tone. Rafael looks from me to Adrian and back to me. "Ariana, Brandon, dead?" I nod. "Well," he says, "I will help you."

*AN
Okay hi guys I'm soooo sorry I haven't been able to write more. I've been really busy. WE WON OUR DRILL COMPETITION YASS. In other news, if you guys watch the flash, please tell me if any of you knew what happened in that last episode because I'm still confused. And third, yes I skipped from the shooting scene in the last chapter to here but I really didn't feel like writing that part, so imagine it how you may, she did not get any wounds and the attacker was from the Lorenzo clan. You're welcome. Also once more, I do not speak Spanish, I have to use google translate for most of this, so please correct me if I'm wrong. That is all.
Te amo amigos. 😘