Chlorine Gas

Although All Might is the number one hero, within less than an hour you realised that he has less 'teacher intelligence' than a toddler. All Might's first response to Ashley's demand was, panic.

"Uh... Uh. WAIT. WAIT A MINUTE!" All might basically swallow the microphone when yelling. As he felt his authority as a teacher was slipping.

"Young Y/n, if you are rational with your actions, then you can use your quirk! BUT! You may only change the feather's substance into liquids, nothing else. Or this match is final, nod if you understand." All might attempts to pull himself together, by taking a deep breath and exhaling, once the microphone was turned off.

Rational? When were you not rational? You were always rational! Hatred was the image you saw when you think about this man! But still followed the nodding motion of acceptance.

"ALRIGHT, MAY THE SPLIT TEAM OF K BATTLE CONTINUE!!!!HAHAHA," All Might use his signature laugh at the end, hoping to smooth out the tension.

-

"This still feels unfair, but it's better than nothing I guess." Ashley exhaled, sighing in defeat. She looks up at you, mentally preparing for what her battle may include.

Breathing in, you anticipate her next move. Waiting, as you could easily win this, you know this and Ashley knows this. But you want Ashley to improve, learn and grow into a proper pro-hero. Not that you would ever tell her or anyone this.

Opening her mouth Ashley let four bubbles escape, the clearness of the bubble would probably allow others to assume it was just and only water. Was this her strategy? You thought of other human liquids that could include such see though bubbles. Then the only logical solution to a clear liquid would be Gastric juice, the acid inside one's stomach acting as the digestive system. The ph level of Gastric acid is anywhere between 1 to 2, or in other words it's gonna rip my skin and feathers apart if I'm not careful. With such a low ph level, I can-

My thinking process was quickly haltered by Ashley's acidic bubble accelerationg towards to my position.

"You may be smart and all, but if I don't give you the time to think you wouldn't be able to counteract my attacks properly." Ashley glared at you as if she had finally caught on.  She was right though. If you don't have enough time to think, you would be able to strategise properly. The opposite ph level to 2 is 13 therefor-

Another bubble was sent flying towards you, Ashley was starting to get quicker, forcing her to gain the upper hand. Bleach is a good substance with a ph level of 13, but I have to be careful as creating that combo, creates chlorine gas, harmful to the lungs. I just need to finish this quickly.

Using 30% of your feathers you use the substance bleach, making the requirement to fend off the acid and the teacher's request. Looking at Ashley, she could tell you had found a way to win, but oddly enough she smiled. Big old tooth grin. What is she playing at?

You dispatch your offence, conscious of the two bubbles behind you. Ashley scattered more bubbles, six to be exact. This is a dangerous game Ashley is playing, charging towards you Ashley dispersed 3 bubbles that were dangerous close to you, meaning the need to be wary of the new chloric gas that is in the air now. You needed to end this soon, you needed to end this now. Rushing for time, you grab the capture tape, and sprinting toward Ashley, you started to feel lightheaded due to the lack of oxygen. Ashley completely oblivious to the chloric gas in the air, but she continues creating the bubble with the clear substance.

You grew more and more lightheaded, suddenly giving up and deciding to take one more breath before finishing this combat training session.

You disposed of the remaining bubbles, quickly maneuvering towards Ashley. The leadheadness gets to you, bowing on one knee.

"Ahh, Y/n are you proposing to me? How sweet!" Ashley spoke, distracted, you manipulated your feathers to wrap the capture tape around Ashley's torso and legs... before abruptly passing out.

-

"AND THE WINNER IS... L/N Y/N!!!!!!!!" All might roars into the microphone, echoing through the buildings. As every individual is quiet, as they are viewing Y/N on the floor... passed out.

Through the cameras the classmates are attempting to examine what and why she is on the floor. Little mutters and theories puddle the air until Yaoyorozu, steps into the mic.

"Ashley, with your bubble contents what fluid did you use?" Detective Yaoyorozu on the case investigating the scene.

"The tummy acid thingy one..." Ashley responds, looking up at the camera embarrassed she doesn't exactly know.

Yaoyorozu suddenly connects it together, figuring out what Y/N found out in seconds. Yaoyorozu speaks into the mic again.

"Ashely we are going to need you to carry yourself and Y/N out of the building ensuring that none of your bubbles and Y/N's feathers leave with you, only her default feathers. This is due to the air consisting of chlorine gas, which I'm assuming has constricted Y/N's airway. Why it hasn't affect you, is for a different day." Yaoyorozu strong, assertive voice motivates Ashley to work as efficiently as possible, following her instructions.

-
Chapter 9: Chlorine Gas
25/4/2024 published
915 words