Assume

You never talked to people, but people talked to you. They just assumed you were shy. Were you shy? You didn't care what people thought of you, but you didn't think you were shy. Instead, you just had better things to do than waste time talking, to people you didn't care about.

You did that with a lot of things, believing you don't have to waste time on pointless things.

This had its pros and cons, people would tell you their deepest darkest secrets, considering they knew you wouldn't say anything but because of this they thought they became friends with you and would start hanging around you, trying to get you to talk.

This happened a lot but first started with a black hair girl, called Ashley, she became your 'best friend' in kindergarten. The thing about Ashley is that she still hasn't given up after 11 years.

Another thing people assumed was that you were hawk's secret love child, when you first heard about that rumour, you almost laughed. Which could've gone horribly, since Ashley was the person who told you.

It made you wonder, why would people think this? Was it because you both had wings, or maybe you were attractive, or did you look like him? It still makes you wonder since you had white wings and you didn't look like him. Although you believed you were attractive.

Ashley knew it wasn't true since she's met your parents, one 55 middle-aged man with brown hair with a quirk that was called ghost, able to do ghost shit; walk through things, summon ghost and what not. And a mother of 54 years of age with (h/c) along with a quirk that could manipulate colours.

_

Your feet tapped the hardwood floor, as you walk down the stretched hallways to your new class, Class 1-A.

Reaching the door with 'Class 1-A' written down the 15 feet door, you assumed it was that size considering people could be that tall with quirks.

Opening the giant door revealed multiple people, a boy with glasses, a boy with sandy hair, a boy with 2 tones of hair and Ashley, Fuck.

Reaching to a nearby free seat, the increasing footsteps tackled you, before tripping, you flip this person over your shoulder, landing on a table with an audible slap on the back.

"You never stop surprising me y/n, but what the fuck!" Ashley whined annoyingly

Simply ignoring her and making your way to the seat.

The boy with glasses came towards you.

"That is no way to treat a classmate, do you have no human decency to even apologise." Glasses waved his hands vertically, repetitively.

"It's alright glasses, she's always been like this," Ashley explained

"Always? Have you known her for a while?" Glasses questioned

Ashley's facial muscles moved making that stupid, ugly grin.

"Yep, since kindy!" Ashley expressed radiating imaginary flowers.

Rolling your eyes, you face away in your chair from their conversation.

You didn't know if you considered Ashley your friend, you saw no need to label a pointless, one-sided friendship.

Spacing out, your eyes divert to the boy in front of you, he had piss hair and look like a queer.

He tensed his shoulders and neck, then slowly turned his head towards you.

"Yes, mademoiselle?"

"..."

"Would you like some cheese?"

"..."

" Bonjo-"

A pink hair and skin girl sneaked behind you, to feel your white wings.

"Hi, I'm Mina!" Mina enthusiastic spoke behind you.

"..."

Staring at her, then back to where she was touching your wings. She didn't get the memo.

"How big are they?" Mina questioned.

Ashley invited herself into this sad conversation.

"Right now there only 70cm but when she's fighting or flying and stuff they can grow up to 2 meters, so far!"

Although you didn't like Ashley, you were grateful for when she did this. Doing all the talking, so you didn't have to associate with the lower beings.

Mina and Ashley talked until the door flung open to reveal some boy with a short tie and green hair, along with a girl with pink cheeks and short brown hair.

You didn't care about what was going on, until the group at the doorway went quiet, because there was a  speaking 'yellow worm.' When really it was just our homeroom teacher, Mr Aizawa.

The teacher explained to us what we are going to do.

Get a gym uniform, go to changing room and get changed, then meet at the courtyard.

When heading inside the changing rooms, everyone was talking and introducing themselves. So doing what any 'shy' person would do, was avoid them.

You sneaked towards the other side of the room, only to hear an annoying, familiar voice.

"y/n, it's about time you got here, come chat with us." Ashley indicated by moving her arm in a 'come here' motion.

Completely ignoring her, you continued getting ready.

Mina walked over.

"Come chat with us."

"..."

Ashley laughed unenthusiastically.

"I haven't heard her talk since I meet her, and that's around-"

She started counting with her fingers.

"- 11 years!"

You turn back to getting changed, unbuttoning your shirt.

"Why is she mute?" one of the girls asked behind you

"I'm not really sure, but I don't think so, since her parents said they heard her cry as a baby," Ashley told everyone

"I know, our job from now on is to get y/n to talk!" Pink cheeks cheered out for everyone to then join in.

Just great, another 3 years of people pointlessly trying.
-
Chapter 1: Assume
24/11/21 published
933 words