𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧|"Any day, darling"

"Wait here so I can take you home, if that's okay?"

I look at Alyssa over my shoulder and she grins, nodding her head. I feel bad for ditching her. I mean I was the one who told her to come and I just know she's gonna bombard me with questions when he's gone.

I roll my eyes at her and turn my attention back to Matteo, who is looking at us with confusion. "Of course." I smile at him.

He nods his head and heads towards the locker room. Once he's out of sight, Alyssa grips my shoulders and smiles widely at me.

"What?" I sigh.

"Audrey, babes, what the hell just happened?"

I honestly don't know what to tell her.

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"He's your personal escort now? I knew you guys were lab partners but damn. And he fucking winked at you, hello?!" She raises her hands up in the air.

"We're friends." I say simply.

"I think lover boy has a little crush and that never happens."

"You're reaching. That would never happen." I roll my eyes.

"Bullshit D'Amico! If you wasn't my best friend I would definitely fu—"

I slap my hand over her mouth and glare at her. "Okay, okay, I get it. The whole world doesn't need to know."

I take my hand away from her mouth and she smirks. "I'm being serious."

"Wasn't you the one who told me to be careful around him?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah but he hasn't killed you yet." She shrugs her shoulders.

Shaking my head, I glance over at the time and swallow when I see that it's nearly time for my dad to come back home from work. Looking around the arena, I can't see Matteo anywhere. Shit.

"Number 5 is hot. What's his name? Grey?" Alyssa asks, furrowing her eyebrows as she types away on her phone.

I nervously start bouncing my knee. "Yeah he's in my lab class."

"I wish I was in your class." She groans and then grins. "I found his instagram."

My palms begin to sweat. I don't want to get punished for being home late again.

I feel a light tap on my shoulder, snapping me out of my trance. "Ready princess?" I turn around and see Matteo, now fully dressed in a fresh pair of clothes. His slightly damp hair is covered with a cap and he smells amazing. What the hell does he use?