[21] The love of a sister

Stephan was acting weird.

Athalia was not sure why... Was this Prince really that much of a bother? Athalia thought He was actually decent, except making fun of her bunny addiction.

"Steph." Athalia called out, He turned to look at her, he must have been in deep thought considering how hes been mute since they left the jewellery shop, Athalia thought, "We should go soon, Athanasia might worry."

Stephan nodded and looked back to the floor, while the Prince frowned, "You're leaving so soon, Princess?"

"I'm afraid so, I have a sister to attend too." Athalia smiled softly, "It was a pleasure meeting you, your highness." Athalia held out her hand, expecting a hand shake when the Prince suddenly knelt down and gently kissed her hand.

Athalias face heated up at the gesture, "Your highness..?" Alec stood up and smirked, "I'll be going now, Princess" with that the Prince walked past Stephan and bid one last goodbye before disappearing into the crowd.

"I don't like him."

Athalia rolled her eyes, "You don't like anyone."

---

Athalia and Stephan had managed to get back to the emerald palace without to much struggle, Athalia guessed Athanasia must of covered for her since Athalia walked into the library to find a very moody princess.

"Where have you been Athalia De Alger Obelia!" Athanasia shouted, Athalia heard a small groan behind her and saw Lucas emerge from where he was laying.

"I was uh out?" Athalia shrugged, she didn't like lying to her sister but she couldn't just admit she left the castle grounds.

"I was worried about you Tilly!" Athanasia leaned against a book shelf, "I was so close to telling dad you had gone missing."

"I know, I just went on a walk with Stephan and we lost track of time.."

"For 6 hours!"

"Can you complain any louder..." Lucas mumbled, Athalia looked down on him, he was laying on the floor next to a small pile of books, Athalia guessed they were the books he had stolen from Athanasia a few weeks prior.

"I'm tired Athy can we argue tomorrow?" Athalia crumbled to the floor and let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Fine..." Athanasia joined the duo on the floor, " We have better things to think about anyway!"

Athalia and Lucas both looked at her confused, "like what?" both asked.

"Me and Tillys first dance!"

Hearing those words Lucas sighed, "Isn't it obvious that your dad wants to dance the first dance with you at the ball." Athalia noted his speech was directed at Athanasia not her, as they both already knew Athalia and Stephan would dance together at her Debut.

"Huh?" It was obvious Athanasia was confused, "You're not meant to Dance with you dad at the debutante!"

"It does happen sometimes." Athalia mumbled.

"On like rare occasions." Lucas added.

"I heard people don't like it because it looks cheesy." Athanasia argued back.