At Last

For the past 5 months Meredith had been getting her chemo and radiation and there's been some progress, there's no sign of the tumor growing, and she hasn't been getting headache since then.

Also Meredith is currently on leave for the next 10 months for her recovery and treatment, so she spent her time at the house alone, sometimes Andrew took a half day and spent the rest of the day with Meredith, just cuddling watching Netflix and chill. Talking about their future and so on.

"Uh, Amelia can I talk to you?" Andrew asked walking towards the kitchen were Amelia is preparing Ellis's lunch.

"Yeah, what is it?" Amelia asked turning towards as Andrew stood in front of her.

"What do you think?" He asked, opening a small red box with the ring inside, holding in front of Amelia

"Oh my god!" Amelia exclaimed

"Shhut up, Meredith's awake!" Andrew shush her.
"I didn't mean shut up, just don't tell her" he added

"Sorry" Amelia said covering her mouth "It's beautiful, when are you planning on giving it to ber?"

"Tonight, and I need your help" He said.

"What for?"

"I uh- I know this might sound cheesy but-" he begun

"Andrew, if you're planning on kneeling down in front of her with a bunch of people around you, don't do it she's not a fan of big proposal" Amelia said

"No no of course I know that, I just want you to distract her and I'll buy some flowers and fill our room with it" Andrew tried to explain.

"Ou that's sounds romantic" Amelia smiled

"Does it?" Andrew asked

"Yeah, I love it and yes I will bring her somewhere" Amelia said.

"Oh my god thank you" Andrew smiled.

"What's going on?" Meredith asked walking towards the kitchen.

Andrew quickly hid the ring back to his pocket as if nothing happened.

"Uh I was just asking Andrew if I could have you tonight?" Amelia stammer trying to cover up their plan.

"Have me tonight? why?" Meredith chuckled sitting down on the table.

"I mean we're sisters I was thinking maybe we could go out, the three of us since Andrew is on call and you've been stuck in this house for what? 5 months?" Amelia tried to explain

"That's uhm very thoughtful and I'd love to honestly, I've been wanting to go to the mall" Meredith begun standing up and making her way to the fridge "I was gonna ask this specific someone but he doesn't have time for me because he's always on call" Meredith sign, teasing Andrew, sitting back down on the tablem

"Ou, do I know thid specific someone?" Amelia added

"I mean,you can have me tonight, if you want" Andrew grinned hovering around Meredith's neck.

"Sorry, I have girls night" Meredith replied shortly before standing up and making her way back to their bedroom.

"Oh, can't believe that worked" Andrew chucked.

"Oh it definitely worked" Amelia smiled.

Andrew went upstairs to their bedroom.

"Mer?" He called knocking on the door.
"Hey!" he smiled opening it seeing his girlfriend sitting on the bed with a laptop on her lap.

"You going to work?" she asked as he walk towards her bedside sitting on the edge of it.

"Yeah, just want to see you before I go" he smiled caressing her tights.

"Hmm, okay" she blushed looking back at her laptop. "So, you're just gonna sit there and watch me type on my laptop?" she chuckled after a moment, noticing he was watching her the whole time

"Hmm, yeah, I guess so" he chuckled "Wish I could stay in bed with you all day, just cuddling you and never let go"

"You can.... tonight" she grinned.

"Ou really huh?" he smiled amused

"Really" she echoed

"Well, better get to work then" he breath out before giving a kiss.

"Bye!" she said

"Bye, have fun with your sisters later" he said on his way out.

The truth is, Andrew wasn't on call that night, he went to the flower shop and order tons of flowers, tulips specifically, knowing how much Meredith loved them. He also told Alex about his plan and ask him if he could help him set up the plan, which is inside their bedroom.

Meanwhile at the mall, Maggie won't be able to join Meredith and Amelia because she was on call that night and got pulled into a emergency surgery, so it's just Meredith and Amelia. They had fun actually, they've never had a sister in law bonding before, this was their first time and it was worth it even though they had to take it easy because of Meredith's condition.

Back to Meredith's house there was Alex and Andrew setting up the BB surprise.

"Thank you, Alex for helping me I appreciate it, really" Andrew breath out, spreading the petals down the bed forming a heart shape.

"Nothing to thank for if it's for Meredith" Alex said. "Hmmm, we did a great job didn't we?" Alex chuckled looking around.

"Damn right we did" Andrew smiled looking around as well.

"Uh gotta go" Alex said looking at his pager
"Good luck and tell me how it went"

"Yeah sure, thanks" he said watching Alex storm out of the room

He let out a deep breath after Alex walk out, he was indeed nervous, he never had proposal before she was the first person he will marry, she was the love of his life. Even though he dated some girls back then from high school and college but this is complete different, she was different from them, she made him feel special, she can give him butterfly in stomach just by looking at his eyes. He could look at her eyes forever if that's even possible, she made him believe about love. He promised to himself that he won't sa I love you to someone until he's sure about it, until he's sure that he's telling those words to the right person.

He got pulled out of his thoughts hearing a sound of car pulling up to their driveway, sure that it's Amelia and Meredith.

"I had a really good time, we should do that more often but with Maggie of course" Meredith said removing her seatbelt.

"For sure" Amelia smiled, as her pager went off.
"Oh consult" Amelia groan

"Well, I'm going back inside and wait for Andrew" Meredith said, getting out of the car and grabbing the bag from behind their seat.

"Need help?" Amelia offered.

"No,no it's just a few bags I can carry this and in fact it's all mine you just have few clothes here" Meredith chuckled closing the door.

Amelia smiled watching Meredith walk towards the door. She chuckled to herself knowing that her sister had no idea that the clothes she brought earlier is the clothes she's going to wear on their wedding day