Chapter 11 - Beginning of a New Life

The world outside, the time, everything seemed to have stopped so that both, Kara and Lena, were immersed only in each other's presence. Waking up next to Lena, after surrendering to their passion and love for each other, was surreal for Kara. She needed to touch and caress Lena's skin a few times to believe that this wasn't all just a dream.

Kara got to her feet, being careful not to disturb Lena's sleep, but she woke up as soon as Kara pulled her body away from hers, as if the lack of that heat from Kara's body separating from her caused her to wake up.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up." Kara apologized leaving a soft kiss on Lena's lips.

"No need to apologize... I wouldn't want to be alone in this bed without you anyway."

"But take your time. I will arrange your breakfast. Be right back."

Lena saw Kara walk out the door and stretched out on Kara's bed. She turned around and grabbed her pillow, sniffing the blonde's scent that was messing with her so much. The scent that intoxicated her, made her smile and her heart leap with happiness. She never thought she could feel so happy to be with someone. Kara had left a few moments ago, but Lena already missed her.

She got up and pulled on Kara's shirt that had been lying on the floor since Lena had taken it from her body that night. And her scent again flooded the air Lena breathed. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw a prettier, happier version of her, just dressed in Kara's shirt.

After some time, she heard Kara return and headed for the living room. Kara smiled the sweetest way to see Lena dressed only in her shirt.

"I love how my clothes fall on you... it's the most beautiful sight this morning. And I was in Paris."

"Where have you been?!"

Kara laughed widely.

"In Paris. I went to get the éclairs you like. They're very fresh."

"Kara, you don't have to go get me breakfast in Paris, I've already told you that... but thank you so much, I love these coffee eclairs!"

"I know I don't have to go there, but I wanted to go. I wanted to please you. It's so nice to see you happy with these little things."

"Little things? Kara, you crossed an ocean!"

"I would cross galaxies for you without a second thought."

Kara approached Lena and gently wrapped her arm around Lena's waist, bringing her body close to hers. She got very close to her, brought their foreheads together and could feel Lena's breath caressing her face. She touched Lena's lips with hers, slowly, sweetly, softly. Lena closed her eyes at that touch. It was one of the best feelings in life, feeling the sweet taste of Kara's lips. And she always wanted more, it never seemed enough. She put her arms around Kara's neck, as if she never wanted to let her go.

Kara let herself be carried away by that moment, surrendered again to Lena's slow, passionate kiss. With her arms around Lena, Kara lifted her so she was sitting on the kitchen counter, standing in front of her, between her legs. Lena was starting to pull the blouse Kara was wearing to take it off, when they heard a key unlock the front door.

They parted their lips and looked at the door. Alex walked in looking a little tense, but when she saw them there, in that position, Lena on top of the counter and Kara in front of her, her arms still around her waist, Alex blushed.

"For God's sake, you two!"

They both laughed, Lena a little more embarrassed than Kara, perhaps more because of the little clothes she wore than anything else.