True Intentions

After the shopkeeper insisted, I was shaken by Set's actions. What with his mood changes? One second he is rude and ill-mannered then the next he kind and knows better. What is going on inside his head....I will never know. One thing for sure is I'm getting out of here if it's the last thing I do, and I'm taking Mayne with me. I will liberate my city from Set's grasp no matter the cost. For everyone's sake.

(no POV)

In the heavens, the gods congregate to deal with the rouge god back on earth....

"Set has gone out of control! He must be destroyed!" Maat exclaimed, "He should be cast out from this world!"Isis yelled, "Maybe we should think clearly about this?" Osiris intervened "Think? Think?! There's no time for thinking, Set is out there making everything out of balance and is holding a rare seer hostage. He's Probable going to take over all of Egypt if we do nothing!" Thoth stated "Silence!" Ra commanded, "I have heard all your arguments, Set shall be dealt with permanently." "I have a question if I may ask...Who would take Set's place? There has to be a balance of some sort. If not Eygpt will be in a greater state than what Set is doing." Osiris proclaimed The rest of the gods mumbled and whispered among themselves. Ra stood from her throne "Ive already have a plan for that, the issue is Set right now and we must focus on him before moving on." Everyone nodded "Set is to be captured and judged before being exiled." The other gods stood silent and agreed with Ra's decision.

[Meanwhile...]
(Set POV)

I sat on my throne pondering if I should tell them now, maybe ease them first then tell them. Ugh, why is this so hard? I did it the first time what's wrong with me now? Is it because its for real this time, the feeling of the person you want to be with and stay by their side? Have I....no it cant be!

"My lord...." "What?!" the advisor shivered at the sound of my voice "Um, the officials are wanting a meeting with you." "For what!" "T-the conquest y-you proposed last w-week. I rolled my eyes, these mortals...I swear I can't catch a break with their idiocy. "Tell them I'll be there in a few minutes!" The man bowed and scattered out of the room.  Soon Y/n will be mine for eternity...Now, let's see what those idiots want.

[Time skip]

That was the most tedious and waste of time with their foolishness I've even been in...time to entertain myself.~ I made my way to Y/n's door and me being me I just entered without knocking, "Aahhhh!!" "Well, what were you doing while I was away hmm?" "None of your business!" Oh how I love it when they try to speak out, make me want to punish them even more.~ "Actually it is my business since you belong to me." "Since when?!?! I don't belong to anyone!!" "You belong to me since day one." "That doesn't make any sense!" "Neither do you humans."  "OK fair point." 

They rolled their eyes at me hating the fact that I'm right. "What do you want this time, another future telling?" Ooo a bit sassy this time, "What? Can I not spend time with my favorite human?" "I like spending my time away from you." "Oh, my Y/N you hurt me.~ How cruel of you to say to your god." "You are not my god and if I could be crueler to you I would." Is that a hint of venom I'm hearing? Aww they're frustrated, aren't they?~ "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." "Just get out I'm trying to meditate." "Mind if I join you then?" "Yes, I do mind so please leave. Don't you have other things to do?" "Not really, I have all the time in the world." "Hmph people say that and then when they least expect it their time is up." "Have you forgotten I am immortal?" "Even immortals die too you know." They're getting smart with me, "I suggest thinking before you speak Y/N." "I have my own voice and can say anything I please." 

I walked away slamming the door behind me, how dare they talk back to me. What gave them the courage to speak like that to a being higher than themselves? I'll be sure to make them regret it.

(Y/N POV)

He never learns manners, does he? Can he at least knock once in a while, giving me fricking mini heart attacks ugh! Back to my meditation I go. Closing my eyes taking a deep breath, and relax every muscle in my body. 

I began to see flashing images of the past and present, maybe I can find the answers I'm looking for in here. I scanned through the images not finding anything, I began to feel a little hopeless. Till I heard a voice, "Y/n." Huh? "Y/N can you hear me?" "Who are you?" "It is I Horus." "Lord Horus how did you find me in here or able to be in here?" "I have my ways, Im here to help you escape, your far too valuble to be left in the tyrant's hands." How the hell am I valuble now then before...makes no sense to me. "I'll come get you soon, just sit tight and  wait for me." "Wait before you come over can you do this at night three ahead? There will be a new moon at that time so it will be complete darkness on that evening." "Very well in three days I'll come rescue you." I nodded and then was snapped back into my body. I got up from my meditation space to look out the window I'm finally gonna be free, I have to tell Mayne the good news! "I rushed out the door to the room Mayne was being held and knocked before entering. 

"Mayne, its me Y/n." "Y/n!!" The little girl ran up to eme hugging my waist and legs "I was so scared I didnt know what was going on." "Its ok Mayne  were going to escape from this place soon." "Really?" I nodded and she jumped around with excitment smiling at me "But where are we gonna go?" "Dont worry I have...a friend that will help us outside the city." She nodded understanding what I'm getting at, "Y/n can we play together like we use to please." "I dont mind, its not like I have things to do anyways." "Yay!!" For almost two hours we played games, did each others hair, read her stories and etc. Mayne yawned  signaling its nap time "Y/n." "Yes Mayne?" "Can you sing me that song you use to sing when I was a baby?" "Of course." I took a breath and started the lullaby.

My voice echoed in the room as melodic lyrics left my lips, rocking the child in my arms like a pearent. And before I knew it she was asleep, with a little chuckle I carefully put her to bed tucking her in. Tip toeing to the door and quietly closing it to not wake her, I sigh and walked back to my room happy that I got to spend time with someone familiar.

(Set POV)

Y/n has such a parental aura around that child. Seeign them taking care of that little human lit something within me, and hearing them sing for the first time...staggered me. I never knew they could sing with such a gentle tune. Im sure Y/n would be a wonderful mother/father someday if they ever have kids of their own. Which makes them perfect...