𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: jealousy jealousy

"i'm very happy you want to stay with me for a while

"i'm very happy you want to stay with me for a while. but are you sure you're okay with it?"

jake placed the last cardboard box in the living room as heeseung closed the door behind him.

"i feel safer when hyewon isn't alone in her unit. i don't care if she wants to stay here at this point.", heeseung commented. "yah!", i scolded him.

jake shook his head with a smile on his face: "you two are seriously like siblings. i love that."

"i'll go clean myself up. it's been a hell of a rollercoaster with both of you. carrying boxes while whining about the elevator, you're really something.", i let out a frustrated groan before going to the bathroom.

———

"heeseung, any news about nishimura?"

"i sent him off to japan with his luggage, hyewon has asked me more questions about him, but stopped after a while. i think she still misses him, it's all so sudden to her."

"i understand.", jake nodded, "but it's for her own good. i still need to figure out what the japanese spies are up to and why they planned on killing me. my dad has tried to contact them already, but it feels like they vanished out of the blue."

"hyewon's dad found out about this brat being near her again and seriously went off. i wouldn't be surprised if guards were standing in the whole building by the way."

"if i was her father, i'd be freaking out too. she's the only heiress after all. i wonder when he's going to introduce her to the mafia."

"just remember that you're playing a dangerous game here. you're no better than nishimura, sooner or later she'll be in all that mafia mess as well. she doesn't even know how to point a gun!", heeseung whined, "i would rather want her to become an assassin. imagine: she won't be the mafia princess, but the thorn princess or something."

"assassins are no better than spies or my mafia group. even though we're just seven.", jake sighed, "why can't you be the heir? then she'd stay out of this whole double life."

"well, my fellow partner, my uncle hasn't made up his mind yet. maybe i can change that and keep your lovey dovey girlfriend away from the dangerous stuff."

as heeseung stepped away to take his leave, jake suddenly stomped his foot to gain his attention.

"i have one last question, lee. and i need an honest answer."

"of course, what is it?"

"why did you let nishimura riki live with hyewon when you knew he was dangerous?"

"simple answer, boss sim: if i let him stay at my place, he'd find out about my true identity sooner or later and would have shot me right on spot. he wouldn't dare to lay a finger on my cousin like that and she had a room left. don't you think it was the best for all of us when he stayed away from us, but still close enough so we could observe him?"

jaeyun smirked: "good job, my guy! so you planned everything beforehand, huh?"

"as soon as she told me about this guy, i made sure to keep track of him. when i got the information he's coming, i decided to plan everything on my own. sorry for that. hyewon played an important she didn't even know she had.", the older one chuckled and waved goodbye.

"get home safely, hee. looking forward to seeing you at my office soon."

———

"hyewon, are you alright?", jake called. i was currently looking around his office upstairs, i felt like something's wrong.

"it's a secret. and it should stay a secret. for your own good."

why in the world would sunghoon say that out of the blue? what are they hiding? what have they done to riki?

"i'm good, just adjusting my new room here!", i tried to sound as happy as i could. the least thing i wanted was getting caught by jake. that would be a catastrophe.

"i'm making dinner! takeout food or homemade?"

"is that even a question? but if you're tired, you can gladly order burgers for us!"

suddenly, i heard the door creek open. "what are you doing in here?" jake raised an eyebrow at me as he saw me standing stiff with a paper in my hand. "i- uh.. you know, i was looking for your help!"

"you're literally holding onto my receipt for my new lamp, how exactly are you looking for help?"

i gulped. "okay, you got me."

"hyewon, if this is about riki, i can assure you he's fine! i'm getting very annoyed with this whole riki thing."

"are you jealous?", i grinned.

"of course i am. how would you feel if i only talked about another girl?" he pulled me in for a hug: "all i can say is that you don't have to worry at all. he's doing okay, i didn't do anything to him. just.. slowly let him go, i'm helping you if you want. now do you want food or not?"

i looked up to him and shook my head: "i just want you to promise me that he's doing okay."

"he is. seriously, he's back with family now. just don't worry! can you pay attention to me now?", he pouted and pecked my lips. "should i ask the others to come over? would it lighten up your mood?"

"you're like a puppy. but yes, i'd love to have the others here."

with that, i let him go and went downstairs: "i want burgers by the way. is that alright?" jake put his phone away and followed me quickly. "it's to late to change your mind. i ordered for three people now. the others don't have time."

and not even five minutes later, jay joined us for dinner. he even caught the delivery guy on their way up here, but ate some of the fries already. "are you serious right now? i paid for them!"

"thanks for that, jaeyunnie!", jay smiled cutely and patted his shoulder lightly.

———

"i think that's the last one.", sunghoon panted as he took off his glove with his teeth, "i hate seeing blood. disgusting."

jungwon looked over to him and chuckled: "be glad you're wearing a black leather suit. still looking good even though blood is all over you." he kicked the dead body away and unloaded his gun afterwards.

sunoo jogged back to his friends and sighed: "i got one! i got one! a fierce one, oh my god." the girl next to him was on her knees and breathed heavily. her hands were tied up with a rope, escaping was impossible.

sunghoon slowly walked towards her before lifting up her chin: "and who do we have here?"

the girl kept her mouth shut and tried to look away, but hoon had other plans and pulled her closer: "i asked you a question. who are you and who sent you?"

"nishimura yeji."

———
𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗐𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗉𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗇𝗈𝗐.