𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: a bouquet of roses

it's been weeks since our date happened

i tried my best to move on, living my life at my fullest. but sometimes, i actually caught myself thinking about him.

he knew how to wrap a woman around his finger, make her addicted to him. but no matter how fast he could seduce the women he met, he was even faster in dropping them like toys.

and i think i was just a toy to him, too.

he hasn't even left a single note after spending the night at my place. it's like he was never here at all.

and every call i made got declined.

i guess this relationship was made to be toxic.

———

today was a bit rainy actually, i didn't like it. actually, i hated it a lot.

reminds me of the joyful days with jake. he absolutely loved the rain and i don't understand why till this day.

i was currently sitting in the living room, observing the weather through the huge windows. "i hate this.", i growled.

wonwon, 2:47
look at that miserable weather.

ddeonu, 2:47
reminds me of hyewon.

wonnie, 2:48
tsk, thanks. shouldn't you
two be working now?

ddeonu, 2:48
my shift's over! hehe

wonwon, 2:48
my group is taking a break
right now. been skipping my
lunch break to finish the project.

wonnie, 2:49
isn't this overworking?

ddeonu, 2:49
jungwon always works like that.
and jake makes sure we're all healthy!

seeing his name on my screen just makes me angrier.

"i can't believe i got stood up by such a jerk!", i yelled and threw my phone on the couch before entering my kitchen.

from the distance, i could still hear the notifications, but i wasn't in the mood to reply. instead, i began to cook a little.

wonwon, 2:55
oh, hyewon! forgot to tell you.

wonwon, 2:55
jake said he'll pay you a visit today.

i just finished the food when the doorbell suddenly rang. "who's there?", i shouted.

at that moment, i was trying to shut the door again, but jake was obviously stronger and entered anyway.

"this is not how you treat your guests, love."

"you're not my guest. i wish i could ban you from my place."

he quickly grabbed me by my waist and pulled me closer: "why are you being so harsh on me, hm?"

he leaned even closer till his lips brushed against mine. he really knew how to make a woman crazy for him.

"stop it.", i demanded and got off of him, "you treated me like a usual one night stand again. you should have at least called or texted me. aren't you ashamed of yourself?"

jake clicked his tongue annoyedly. he knew he was in the wrong and he couldn't explain his behaviour either.

instead, he tried to brush off the topic and put the bouquet he brought along on the table.

"what's that?"

grinning, he approached me and planted kisses on my cheeks: "among all those pretty flowers, you're still the prettiest."

i looked at the red roses, smiling at them: "thanks."

sometimes i asked myself how i could even fall for him. jake turned out to be a major red flag and still, i couldn't resist his charisma.

"may i ask you something, jake?"

he stopped giving me kisses and looked at me worriedly: "anything you want, love."

"what are we to you?"

of course he couldn't find an answer. he didn't know it either. we were obviously more than friends, yet we weren't a couple like we used to. it felt like he was using me, friends with benefits. yet i knew he still had feelings for me.

but did i feel the same?

"i always considered us as a perfect, cute couple.", he simply replied. "that's it?"

"i don't know what you want from me, hyewon. you yourself stated you wanted to keep in on the low first, trying to develop feelings again. and still, we always catch ourselves in each other's beds, acting like nothing happened the night before. fuck, i am also confused with my feelings!"

"admit that you're toxic, jake. seducing me, wrapping me around your fingers, only to leave me immediately. you're confusing me!"

"oh, so now it's my fault? don't act so innocent, princess. i'm trying to fix things, you're just ruining them for yourself."

"ugh, i hate you."

"i love you too."

he scoffed and left the apartment without further comment.

"you always fuck things up, don't you?", i scolded myself and fell on the couch.

wonnie, 3:27
i fucked up big time.

wonwon, 3:30
i knew it!

ddeonu, 3:31
am i witnessing trouble in paradise?

wonnie, 3:31
is it too late to apologise?
i shouldn't have yelled at
him like that. i feel bad.

wonwon, 3:32
jake usually works till 6 p.m.
i mean you could come by and
apologise properly, if you insist

i hate myself for my issues.