Late Night Moods

A week has gone by peacefully since the best friends had a picnic. The empress' mood swings got even worse but the crown prince was always there to help the maids in calming him down. The spring festival was approaching and the empress had to prepare for it. He picked two concubines to help him.

He picked Official Wife Yan, and Beauty Meixiu. Meixiu was the one with the lowest background in the palace. He was but a servant at the palace but he rose to the ranks and became a Beauty of proper rank with the title of 'Meixiu' meaning 'beautiful grace' so he had to have some skills, but the empress doesn't completely trust him. He might as well take this time to observe Beauty Meixiu.

"Mother, can I talk to my siblings now?"  The princess asked, her eyes sparkling.

"Okay, but just for a couple of minutes, your brothers are already sleeping you're the only one awake, plus you need to wake early tomorrow, so you only have a couple of minutes okay?" The empress instructed softly.

"Okay mommy." The princess said, a wide smile on her face.

"Go ahead." The empress said as he adjusted himself so his daughter could talk to his belly. He was really helpless, the little one saw him do it once and the babies kicked at that time and she's been obsessed with getting them to kick since then.

"Babies this is your elder sister...." The princess talked to her siblings that were not yet born in a soft voice as if afraid of disturbing them. Sometimes she gently stroked her mother's protruding belly as if to coax the babies into kicking. It seems like it worked since the empress felt multiple kicks at the same time.

"Mommy! They kicked! They kicked! I got them to kick." The princess exclaimed excitedly.

"Okay, quiet down now. You felt them kick, so now it's time for bed."  The empress instructed. Immediately after the empress' words fell the princess' smile vanished. She wanted to play with her siblings, but she didn't want to upset her mother. With that dilemma the princess immediately became aggrieved.

"Ruan'er, you really can't play with your siblings anymore. Tomorrow you have to wake up early okay? Maybe tomorrow after your classes you can interact more with your siblings hmm?" The empress said gently as he carefully stroked his daughter's head. The princess knew it would be hard to get up early tomorrow, so she listened to her mother and got on the bed. She would play with her baby siblings more tomorrow. With that thought, the princess went to sleep with a satisfied smile on her face.

The empress suddenly felt worried. Was his daughter that easy to coax? What if a vile man approached her and coaxed her just like that would she agree to his request? Thinking about those things the empress's eyes immediately redden. No! He needed to find a solution to prevent his daughter from becoming an unfavored wife of a man filled with concubines. Immediately he went to find Li Dani who was already in and deep sleep to complain and prepare.

Li Dani was used to this. First, it was his first son acting like an old man because he hated him, then it was his second not being able to poop so he thought he had an incurable disease and it turned out it was just constipation, after that, it was his best friends abandoning him because they couldn't meet up with him at the time he set and many more unrealistic topics were brought up while Li Dani was in his deep sleep, and now it was his daughter marrying a sly man who would ignore her, and get many concubines because she was easy to coax. He just wished the empress would stop being pregnant. Next time he won't hesitate to give birth control to the empress.

"Didn't you want her to go to sleep? You should be a storyteller because you have one hell of an imagination." Li Dani muttered under his breath. The dark circles under his eyes alone could explain his current exhaustion, though he practically whispered it the empress still picked up his careless words.