Chapter Six

I hold on the one of the handles above my head. I have on a bullet proof vest, bullet proof helmet, and a gun. I honestly don't know what type though.

There are six of us on this mission. Not many people wanted to save Peeta. For some reason, I'm extremely nervous about this mission.

The waves are going to be jammed with Finnick talking. So we'll be undetected by the Peace Keepers. Boggs is going over the plan.

"We'll propel down into the place and gas bomb it," he tells us. "Giving us plenty of time to get what we need and get out."

"We're passing over the wall," the pilot informs us. I hold my breath until we make it to the other side. In two minutes, tops, we land on the roof.

"Gale. Vivianna," Boggs orders. "You two will go second."

I nod my head and exit. Boggs breaks the glass and propel down with his partner. Gale and I go next. I keep my gun up the entire time just in case.

We land on the ground. We start down the hallway. The only sounds I here are our feet and my heartbeat. With the occasional sound of the gas can.

We open the final door and enter. The lights turn on and I'm blinded for a second.

"Grab and go," Boggs yells. I pick up Annie and fling her on my shoulder. I'm start running out with the others.

We get into the helocraft and head back. I sit Annie in the seat and I actually sit down. Gale sits next to me as we fly over the wall.

"Why didn't they shoot?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"What if they knew we were there the entire time?" I ask him.

"How..."

"I don't know."

We get back to the base and the Victors are actually waking up. They're rushed to the hospital wing. Gale and I rush over to meet Katniss and Finnick.

Annie gets up and runs over to hug him. They kiss and I walk over to Gale. Katniss walks off towards the room Peeta is in.

"Why did they let us just pass over?" he asks me.

"I don't know. And I don't like it."

There is a loud crash sound and we go into the hospital room. Peeta is choking Katniss. We try to get him off, by fail.

I grab pan and smack him upside the head, knocking him out. I drop it. The nurses take him out along with Katniss. Who is also unconscious.

"Did I just do that?" I ask. My voice is a bit shaky.

"You did what you needed to do," Gale tells me. He wraps his arms around me.

"I never hurt a tribute before."

"I don't know what's wrong with him. We'll find out soon."

I nod my head and get out of his grip. I head into my room and go to sleep.