Chapter Four

We run to a bunker for cover. Katniss runs over to a wall and look out a hole.

"Katniss," Gale shouts.

"Get away from the wall," I finish. A bomb lands barely far enough for her to survive. A tower starts to fall. Gale pushes her, but before I can see them get over in time, the tower crashes.

I bend down to avoid a piece of concrete hitting me. I don't see them. I gasp. No. Gale helps Katniss up. They cough, trying to get the dust out of their system. I climb over debris to get to them.

"What were you thinking?" I yell. "That was stupid. Both of you could have died. You are the Mockingjay and you are the person in charge of watching her."

"You are too," Gale snaps. Aircrafts fly over us. We duck down in time.

"They're heading towards the hospital," Katniss points out. She takes off and Gale goes after her.

"Here we go again," I mutter. I chase after them. Watching over them is like watching over toddlers. We get on top of a roof in time to see them bomb the hospital.

The crafts circle over us. Katniss and Gale shoots it while I throw a knife in the engine department. All the aircrafts crash into each other and land in explosion. Katniss starts running towards it. Gale stops her.

"We have to help them," she screams.

"Katniss," the director calls. "Do you have anything to say?"

I go wondering around. I know that this will be playing later before aired on the system. Gale follows me.

"Aren't you..." He cuts me off.

"So are you."

We walk around in silence. Each second longer than the last. After so long, we head back.

=============

I walk around District Twelve with the crew. The goal is to show the world what the Capital has done. Gale is explaining the story.

"I was only able to save nine hundred and fifteen of us," he manages. I place my hand on his shoulder. "Out of ten thousand. I should have dragged more people along with me."

I can tell he is trying not to cry.

"You did what you could do," I say. "There would be no, one left without you."

He nods his head as he stands up. We head to a river for lunch. Trees grow everywhere. I sit further away from everyone. Gale comes over and sits next to me.

"Hey," he says. He starts eating.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"Eating my sandwich," I say as I lift up my sandwich. The Mockingjays around us and starts singing Rue's melody.

"Great," Gale complains. "Now they'll never shut up."

I laugh at him. Katniss starts singing Hanging Tree. The directors records her singing the song. Another Propo opportunity. I listen to get sing.