Seven.

I was able to contain myself before going back inside the theater lobby. I walked with my head held high as if nothing bothered me. But it didn't matter because I was about to pull a childish stunt. As soon as I rejoined the group, I grabbed Nick's face and kissed him deeply before he could speak. I didn't even bother open my eyes to see Sammy's reaction and I wanted him to know I didn't care.

"Whoa," Nick smiled at me. "Naughty. Gonna have to put someone in timeout later."

Nick laughed at himself and I smirked up at him. It was then that I saw Sammy was clearly upset, one less amused. Red was metaphorically flickering in his eyes.

"As I was going to say," Nick continued. "I invited the guys to tennis on Friday at the Carlsons. Well, young Justin here can't make it."

Justin mouthed 'Young Justin?' to Nate in confusion.

"The Carlsons?" I asked.

"One of our biggest endorsers," Nick answered. "They're originally from here and own a mansion out East; invited us over for tennis and cocktails. Ben Carlson is even going to grill up some grub."

"Don't you guys call it 'tea'," Justin asked and I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or not. But I interrupted Nick before he could respond.

"Sounds like a great idea," I spoke with less enthusiasm than I should have. Why would I be enthused to play tennis with a highly attractive guy I'm nearly having an affair with? Not to mention his equally attractive tatted up friend.

"Are you sure?" Sammy asked, pursing his lips.

"I don't see why not," Nick answered for me. "Any friend of Harlow's is a friend of mine."

"Aww, isn't he the sweetest?" I cocked my smile to the side and Sammy returned the favor. I'm pretty sure our expressions were code for game on.

//

Considering I didn't want to be the girl apart from Mrs. Carlson, I invited Orion as well. At first, we sat on the shaded bench swing off to the side as we watched the men play. Mrs. Carlson was inside preparing drinks. The game was Nick and Mr. Carlson versus Sammy and Nate. It was funny because they showed up dressed like they were about to play basketball while Nick & Mr. Carlson were dressed like they were about to play Wimbledon.

Orion and I were talking amongst ourselves, giggling here and there, and it kept getting Sammy's attention. Eventually he and Nate took their shirts off and it was basically a shirts vs. skins type of game. I didn't mind it at all.

"So where's the other guy," Orion asked me.

"What other guy?"

"Gilinsky," she answered. "I didn't tell you, but he gave me his number and we were texting and everything for like a few days but then I stopped because he asked for like, some nudes. And it wasn't really a turn-off but, I don't know, I don't want him to think I'm that easy. Haven't texted him back yet."

"Spicy spicy," I grinned. "I thought he was too young for you."

"He's 18 and looks 20, that's good enough for me," she shrugged. "It sucks, you know? It's like I was just 18 yesterday and now I'm enduring my quarter-life crisis with you."

"Hey," I laughed. "Who said I'm having my quarter-life crisis?"

"Because you don't act like your engaged," she informed me. "If I had a rich British Italian fiancee, I'd be pawing all over him. But no offense, you walk around looking stressed out, your nails are a bit-up mess, heavy bags under your eyes, and maybe I'm overreacting but I feel like you sometimes eyefuck the shit out of Sammy. Call me wrong."