eight

May in Australia is surprisingly cold, especially after nightfall. Of course it makes sense, considering the seasons were opposite of back home, but when Jungkook runs from the arena to the bus he can't help but shiver, dressed in a skimpy, hole-clad outfit and sweat.

He had grown up with winter snow in Korea, but after living in Los Angeles for years, anything under seventy degrees Fahrenheit, he was putting on a jacket. Hoseok was already inside the bus, thumbs working fast over his phone as he typed something out. Knowing him, it was probably a tweet to thank everyone for coming out to the show. Jungkook didn't like social media, his Twitter flooded with rumors of him breaking his sobriety or sleeping with random people. But he does crawl over the couch to lay on Hoseok's chest to allow himself to get into the bottom corner of his selfie.

"They'll be happy to see you still cuddle with your hyung," Hoseok chirps, Jungkook rolling his eyes fondly but doesn't move from where his cheek is resting on the guitarist's chest. They were soon joined by Yoongi and Namjoon, the drummer's muscular arm slung over the older's shoulders.

"What do we have here, is Jungkook finally in the mood to cuddle with us like he used to?" Yoongi teases gently, sitting on the sofa and pulling both Jungkook and Hoseok's legs into his lap.

"Not my fault you all had to grow up and get your own houses. We could still all be sleeping on Seokjin's floor together."

"It'd probably be more comfortable than his old apartment," Namjoon points out with a grin before he opens the mini-fridge. He pulls out a beer and seems to still, looking down to it before looking back up at Jungkook. "Sorry," he says sheepishly, reaching to put it back.

"No you're fine," Jungkook reassures with a shake of his head. "Seeing other people drink or use doesn't really trigger me. It used to, but not so much anymore."

It was reasonable for them to be apprehensive, especially considering his progress and it had only been a few weeks since the New York incident. Jimin had explained to everyone that Jungkook hadn't relapsed but that he almost did. It was enough for them to worry for days later, concerned eyes following his every move.

"What does trigger you?" Namjoon asked gently, cracking open the can of beer and sitting on the opposite sofa.

"Being alone, mostly." Jungkook feels a hand in his hair, massaging at his scalp and he closes his eyes instantly, ready to fall asleep. "Or feeling rejected. It usually stems from an emotion first and then I get self-destructive."

"Have you ever considered therapy?" Yoongi suggests while rubbing circles into the bone of Jungkook's ankle.

"Yeah," he breaks off his words to yawn sleepily. "Jimin is gonna help me look for one when we finish the tour, I think."

He doesn't receive a response, the rockstar fluttering his eyes open in confusion. His band members were seeming to swap a knowing look between each other above his head. "What?"

"How are things going with him?" Namjoon asks delicately.

"Fine, why?" his brows were furrowed, a pout on his lips as though he were puzzled on where this was headed.

"It's just-" Hoseok sighs and wraps his arms tighter around Jungkook when the younger began to attempt to squirm out of his hold. " Stay , it's nothing bad. We just noticed that you guys share hotel rooms now."

"We're supportive, of course. You know we all love Jimin. We just want you to be careful, especially considering you're still in recovery," Yoongi points out, sounding every bit like the big brother Jungkook used to see him as.