Attack

"Ow!"

I hissed as Amy dabbed the disinfectant on my cut. Ed's wedding ring had broken the skin on my cheek, making a small gash.

"Sorry!" She squeaked, pulling away the cotton ball.

"No no, keep going. Don't stop." I hissed, and squeezed my eyes shut. The stinging cotton ball touched my cheek again, and I bite my lip, keeping the tears back. Amy gently scraped along the cut, cleaning the dirt out. We were sitting in the camper, while Ed was recovering in his tent.

Finally, after Amy had tortured me enough, she took the cotton ball away.

"There. I think I'm almost done." Amy declares.

"Good. Now take the gauze and bandage. Hand them to me." I order. "Please."

"Ok." Amy says cheerfully. When she hands me the supplies, I get up and sit in front of the mirror. "Y'know, your boyfriend isn't going to be too thrilled when he finds out." Amy declares, smirking at me.

"What boyfriend?" I ask, arching an eyebrow. Even though I already knew who she was talking about.

"You know, Daryl." Amy states, smirking at me.

"Daryl isn't my boyfriend. I doubt we'll ever be more than friends." I declare, applying the gauze to my wound in the mirror.

"Alright. Well, you gotta admit one thing." Amy starts.

"What?" I ask.

"He is kinda sexy in that mysterious, redneckish way." She admits.

I contemplate this. "I guess." I mutter, smiling a little.

"Wonder what he looks like without a shirt..." Amy trails off, clearly in her own fantasy. I can't help but chuckle.

"Good luck getting it off. We went swimming, and he kept his shirt on." I recall. Remembering the promise I made him.

You're my friend, Daryl Dixon. And I'll never leave you. Never.

My heart pinched, remembering that I never said goodbye.

"Hey, I couldn't help but notice that you two got into a fight. What was it about?" Amy asks sweetly.

"I dunno. I just told him that he was my friend, and then he got mad at me." I murmur.

"Oh. Well, I guess he was just upset that Merle was left for dead. I mean, if that had happened to Andrea, I wouldn't have let anyone near me." Amy says.

"So you're saying that I should give him some space?" I ask. Amy shrugs.

"I guess. Just for a little bit though. Don't completely abandon him." She suggests.

"Ok." I say, already knowing how I was going to greet him. "I hope he's alright."

"Oh, he'll be fine. Daryl's a tough son of a bitch." She points out, smiling.

"True. But what if he doesn't come back? What if he thinks that I hate him?" I start spilling out my worries. Amy sits and listens quietly and patiently. Finally, after I let everything loose, she speaks.

"Well, you'll never know. If you want my advice, just stay away for a couple days. Don't avoid him completely, though. Maybe bring him dinner every night, say 'Hi', and leave."

"That may work." I mutter as I carefully put the bandage on. I look at myself in the mirror. Now I had a big bandage on the side of my face, and it probably won't go away for a while. Even with the bandage, I would probably have the scar.