Chapter Twenty: Prophecy

sorry po sa tagal :cc at salamat sa paghihintay!

Baka nabaliw na nga ako at tinanong ko 'yon. But whatever, I just wanted to make sure that his actions earlier was genuine. Siguro nga at nakita niya lang akong malapit na mapahamak kanina... but there is something strange about his words.

He was telling me to be cautious in this school but at the same time... parang may something specific sa eskwelahan na 'to na pwede magpahamak sa'kin.

"What are you talking about?" the previous concern from his voice disappeared as his face went blank. No sign of previous surprise. "I am the head student in our house. It's my responsibility to take care of my fellow housemates. Kagaya ng sinabi mo, we just met here, kaya anong sikreto ang itatago ko sa'yo?"

I narrowed my eyes, studying his behavior with clear focus. Ngunit kagaya ng mga nauna kong pagkilala kay Damon, he only looked cold and distant.

Smirking, I harshly took my hand from his grasp. "How heroic naman for you pala. However, kahit ikaw pa ang dean o hari, you can't be nosy in other people's businesses. Especially mine."

Bahagyang kumunot ang noo niya. I can sense that my words have annoyed him. I answered his slightly-grumpy face with a tap on his chest, tilting my head to the side in a teasing manner.

"I can take care of myself, boy. If I were to fall, did you think I wouldn't be able to get myself back up?"

Hindi siya sumagot kaya isang mapaklang tawa ang ibinahagi ko. Well, at least he was being genuine about his actions. I would hate to know that another person has been obviously hiding things from me. Kagaya ng Paham nila na masarap na lang gawing ulam. Total magkatunog naman ang dalawang salita.

I gave Damon one last look before finally deciding to leave the place. I was about to finally get back to the pathwalk when I heard him murmur.

"It's not about falling... about... the darkness..."

Mabilis ko siyang nilingon. "What are you-"

My words hang in the air when I found no Damon behind me. Parang nawala siya na parang bula at ako na lang ang natira sa gubat na 'yon.

Pero imposible na mawala siya nang hindi ko nakikita dahil hindi teleportation ang soul magic niya at narinig ko pa ang sinabi niya... unless all of that was another illusion too?

But it felt too real to be one.

The most rational thing was to discard any curiosities of that heavensake place, but there was something about the sinkhole. Parang isa itong magnet na kanina pa ako ina-attract at sinasabihang lumapit. Nasulyapan ko lang ito kanina nang malapit na mahulog at wala ako masyadong nakita. I can, however, confirm that it must be really deep because I couldn't even see the bottom. After the first few meters, naging madilim na ang paligid ng bangin.

It clearly was dangerous. The normal Raven would have ignored the dumb sinkhole and leave for her own peace of mind. But maybe the soulbearers who irked me have messed up my decision-making skills that I found myself walking closer.

Apparently, pwede din akong maging tanga.

This time, my mind was clearer though. Alam ko na malaking panganib ang hatid ng lugar 'to. I was just trapped into an illusion earlier, na hindi ako aware, so heaven knows what other traps they have here 'di ba? Baka isang hakbang ko ulit, bigla na lang na lumipad ang ulo ko sa paanan ni Beatrix. Baka tumalon-talon pa 'yon sa saya. Ayoko pa naman siyang nakikita na natutuwa.

Gusto ko lang lumapit para i-inspect ang bangin. I'm planning to stand at the side and study the whole place, taking note of whatever strange in there. Hindi naman ako bobo to jump inside to feed my curiosities, 'no. Ano ako, si Beatrix?