21.Indraprastha

Here they all were, at the newly named kingdom, Indraprastha

Here they all were, at the newly named kingdom, Indraprastha. After fighting with Takshak and his army, after a ferocious battle with Indradev, and after the kingdom built by the blessing of Indradev.
There were green plants planted on the paths till the palace. The palace was built with the most attention to details and the most intricate patterns.  There was a scent of fresh rain lingering in the air.
Indu was given the duty to manage the workers and what tasks they did. She , fed and provided Brahmins, sages and workers with charity.

"Krishnaa," The smiles of the three ladies--- Indu, Draupadi and Agnishika, hadn't budged since they entered Indrprashta. This place was always lively and joyous. "Make sure to enjoy the next few years, thoroughly."

"Sure, and you have to do so too." She said, turning around to face Indu, in this vast field of flowers.  "No, such promises. You have to enjoy Draupadi, not us." 

"Shikha! Come on, you two have prevented a life I never wanted; You two have tried so hard. So both should enjoy this time much more than me."
Her eyes lowered, now that she had taken Draupadi out of danger, what about her other sister? Who will protect her?
The look on Aadhya's face worried Indu. And she made a note, mentally, to ask her about that later.
Sighing, she said, "I'll have to go now,  it's time for my prayers."
As she left, both of them looked at each other. "It's time for his exile, isn't it?"
"I still feel we shouldn't have asked them for that vow, Aadhya."
"We had to, Indu, we had to."

"But why such a vow?" Asked  Arjun before he glanced at his wife.
"It's necessary, Bhrata. Kanha himself asked me to tell you both about this. You must take this vow." No, Kanha didn't say a word regarding this, but he did say, "When any of them aren't agreeing with you, just use my name and all shall listen."
He pondered over it for a moment and asked, "Am I included too, Bhabhi-Shree?" As they nodded, he continued, "I shall take the vow, Madhav must've thought of something valid while asking us to do so. What about you, Panchali?"
She sneaked a look at them. All their eyes said was to say the vow. Promise it. If it has something to do with the future, then it must happen. She nodded as she thought so.
"I, Arjun, son of Maharaj Pandu, vow that when my wife, Draupadi, will be praying alone in her chamber, neither will I enter and nor will any other person. If anyone does, they shall be sent to an exile of 12 years."
"I, Draupadi, daughter of Maharaj Drupad, vow that when I pray, no one shall be permitted to enter my chamber. Whether it is a dasi or my husband, himself. I shall not answer anyone during my  prayers. If anyone shall enter, they shall be sent to an exile of 12 years."

"It's today, I'm sure."

------------------

"Told you, It was today." Agnishika whispered as all of them walked towards the gates of the palace. Most of them bore tears in their eyes, except Agnishika. She wasn't sure which emotion to show, she had no attachment to this family, except for Draupadi and Indu.