Hey There, Delilah (38)

“Well, aren’t you two just so cute together,” a voice sneered from the backdoor, causing me to jump away from River as quickly as I could. I didn’t have to, and there was no reason to jump away from him, but the voice had totally scared the crap out of me. Considering how quiet it was since I had drowned the horrible music that coming from my house out.

I looked over to see Arianna, her eyebrows furrowed as she continued to glare at me. That definitely didn’t surprise me there. I knew she was going to confront me about Ben sooner or later, and she obviously picked sooner. If she was pissed at me before, she had to be ten times more pissed at me since Ben James totally ignored her while he talked to me. It wasn’t my fault that every guy didn’t like her. Gabe called her ugly, even though she tried to flirt with him when they had met.

River’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked between Arianna and me, obviously noticing the tension and bloodlust that lingered between us. I didn’t get how one person could be so evil and mean. She just didn’t care about anyone but herself, not even the people that were supposed to be her friends. Didn’t she have a heart? Couldn’t she feel like something she was doing was wrong for once?

“What do you want, Arianna?” I spat, crossing my arms over my chest as I continued to glare at her. River stayed silent, only watching as Arianna glared harder right back at me. I’m sure he didn’t know what to say, and I didn’t really blame him. I didn’t know what to say, either.

“You’ve changed, Delilah,” she shook her head and smirked wickedly, as if this was all some kind of evil game to her. It actually seemed like it was, it seemed that everything was just a game to her. “What happened to the old Delilah? The one that was so easy to walk all over?”

My eyes narrowed. “She’s gone.”

Arianna’s eyebrows rose, looking surprised by my bluntness. But she then smirked, only shaking her head once again. “Remember when you used to never stand up to me? You were always too afraid to. Is that Delilah gone now, too?”

“Yes. Your stupid prank killed her,” I hissed, now seriously losing my patience. If she hadn’t used Gabe to prank me, I probably wouldn’t have been talking this way to her. Because she was right, I never stood up to her before this way. I was always so quiet.

But did she want to get slapped or something? The way she was acting sure made it seem like she did! She seriously needed to learn to keep her mouth shut! If I didn’t slap her, someone was going to! I already had done it once, and it made me feel a lot better!

Arianna rolled her eyes, now obviously fed up with our little game. She scoffed, turning her back toward me and walking back toward my house. I rolled my eyes this time, happy that she was leaving. I didn’t want to deal with her anymore.

“Well, she’s… uh…” River started but didn’t finish, obviously not really knowing what to say.

“Evil,” I finished for him with a shake of my head, now fed up myself. Arianna seriously made me seething mad. “Evil, mean, bitchy, and every other name in the book. I can’t stand her! I can’t believe that I actually considered her my friend at one point! The bitch!”

River chuckled slightly, as if what I had said was amusing. And it wasn’t amusing, because I was venting my actual feelings! Arianna was just so… ugh!

“Do you know how cute you get when you’re frustrated?” River inquired with a smirk, an eyebrow rising on his forehead.

My own eyebrows furrowed as I continued to look at him. “And do you know how cute you look all the time?”

His smirk immediately dropped, and he was now giving me a flat look. I giggled, shaking my head at him. “I’ll always call you cute, no matter what. You’ll always be cute.”