Chapter 14

"Good morning sunshine." I sip at the hot beverage caged in my cool hands. I made sure to get up extra early so I could watch a hungover Grayson get ready for the day.

Yes. I am so bored that I've resorted to watching Grayson. My life has become increasingly sad. Grayson groans taking a seat and cupping his head in his hands "I've died and gone to fucking hell."

I frown "and how do you know that?"

He pulls his head away from his hands for just a moment to make eye contact with me "because your here."

I looked down at the coffee I'm currently drinking and mull over the thought of pouring the beverage on his head. Deciding that it would only prove his point I slap the back of his head.

He groans and rubs the back of his head without a rebuttal as he knows why I did it. So, he changes the topic. "I decided to have Stanley spend the day with you. I know you've been bored and figured you could use some company."

I get excited at the thought of Stanley "are you sure? I don't want him to waste his time?"

"Believe me, if Stanley has to spend time with you? He's getting well compensated for his time." That earns another smack to the back of his head.

"Jesus, I'm sorry."

"Yeah you should be. Anyway, can I go out?" He thinks over my question for a good couple minutes before answering.

"If Stanley's with you, I don't see why not. Make sure to stay safe. The paparazzi and whoever else is interested in our 'relationship' are going to follow you around so Stanley will keep you safe."

"How do you know they'll be there?" I don't understand how the paparazzi work. All I know about them is sometimes celebrities call the paps to take their photos.

"They're always there. People call them, they stalk the streets and I can guarantee they're outside our building just waiting for a glance of either of us."

"I don't understand why they're so invested. It's so stupid, go stalk someone actually news worthy!" The lines in between his eyebrows make themselves evident as he frowns.

"Gee, thanks. You're a real sweetheart." I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever. Get out of here or else you'll be late." The elevator dings disrupting us from our conversation. Stanley walks on wearing his usual attire. A black short sleeve shirt and matching pants.

"STANELY!" I shove myself off of my chair and run to Stanley who's quick to catch me in his arms. I've missed the guy. He gives the best bear hugs.

"How are you?" I ask once I removed myself from his embrace.

"I'm doing much better now that I've seen your face." He pinches my cheeks making me childishly slap his hands away.

"Stanley!" Grayson calls coming up behind me. He stops behind me-way too close- and offers his hand to my side. Stanley shakes his hand with a large smile.

"Good to see you sir."

"I'm just heading off to work so call me if she's any trouble. I'll have her sedated or some shit." Stanley laughs while I stomp of his foot making him grunt. The idiot shouldn't have stood so close.

"I'll be off then." He kisses me cheek. A weird portray of his affection but nothing I find too odd. Not at this point anyway.

He nods to Stanley once more and disappears into the elevator while shouting "don't misbehave!" I swear he views me as some sort of impulsive child.

Stanley and I spent the entire day out and about. I took him shopping. We enter one of those furniture stores just for fun.

Stanley makes a comment about how his wife's been looking for a glass coffee table just like the one we find. I watch him look at the price tag and immediately walk away. The disappointment is clearly shown on his face.

I pretend not to see, but while he walks off I usher one of the employees over to me and discuss the different shipping options for the table.

"We can ship it to the address by morning. It'll just cost a little extra." The female with deep red hair speaks in a hushed voice.

"That's absolutely fine. I believe my card should be on file?" I've been here once before to purchase furniture for Grayson. The card I use is his but with my own signature. I guess I got lucky having come here before.

"Name?" The girl asks from behind the counter.

"Olivia Miller." I listen as she types on the keyboard.

"Can I have some ID?" Fishing through my wallet I hand it over. She quickly glances at it then hands it back.

"Alright Miss Miller, the coffee table will be delivered tomorrow morning around ten."

"Thank you so much." I smile.

She smiles back and I head over to Stanley stating that I want to eat.