Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of clanging and banging. I opened one eye then the other.

I had to blink a couple of times so my eyes adjusted to the lighting. I removed my head from the wooden floorboards and stretched.

"What are you doing?" I said standing up. The memories of last night had felt more like a dream but seeing Grayson standing in my kitchenette, riffling through my draws in a rumpled suit reminded me that this is actually reality.

"We fell asleep and we're supposed to have all your things packed and moved by now. So go take a shower and get dressed, I'll keep packing."

I sighed, standing up I grabbed the clothes I'd set out last night and made my way to the bathroom.

After a much needed shower I felt awake. I left the bathroom and found a shit ton more boxes. "I don't own that many things."

Grayson looked around him "yeah, I guess I'd expected for you to own more items than... this." He gestured around the room.

I rolled my eyes and help him organise my things into boxes and before we knew it we were driving to his penthouse to drop them off.

He had the concierge help us stack the boxes in the elevator and place them up in my soon to be room. I hadn't actually seen it yet and it seemed I wouldn't be able to see it until after work as Grayson received an important call from a potential investor.

He'd taken the call out on the balcony but came back in "I'm going to go change, then we're heading to the office."

He didn't give me time to answer as he ascended the staircase disappearing down the hall.

While he changed I took my time wandering around the bottom story of his penthouse.

He had his own personal gym and pool. There's a massive tv hanging over the fireplace which you can see from the kitchen. Of course there was his home office which I'd been in before but other than that, I'd never really taken my time to explore the place.

I made my way outside and to the edge of the balcony. I liked the view, it took my breath away and let me escape from reality, when I officially settle in here, I'm going to spend a lot of my time out here looking down upon the city.

"Remember, you're marrying me, not the view, let's go." I rolled my eyes and turned around.

Grayson had changed out of his crumpled suit into a new one, except this one's a navy three piece. Goddamn this man's attractive, not that I'd ever let him know it.

"You don't have to be a pretentious asshole all the time." I crossed my arms and followed him to the elevator, only when we were inside did he respond.

"But how would people know their place... below me." His eyes glimmered as he spoke that last part. The amount of times I roll my eyes around this man.

"I don't think it's working, not on me at least. The only thing it's done is confirm that the reason you're such an ass is because you're insecure about your tiny dick."

"I wouldn't go there sweetheart, my dick is far from tiny. Would you like me to prove it to you?" I scoff and hold my hand up.

"Never going to happen and if you call me sweetheart one more time, you're not going to have a dick to be insecure about." He laughed and guided me out of the elevator and to his car.

"You're a force not to be reckoned with Miss Miller."