Chapter 10

We ate a quick dinner before taking a seat on the couch, each with a glass of wine and Grayson holding a list of questions so we could get to know each and every aspect of each other. Whatever we can do to come off as the most authentic couple.

I got out my phone and opened my notes app, ready to write out his answers so I can memorise them.

He chuckled at my enthusiasm. "Ok first question, you're parents?"

I cleared my throat. I didn't even consider the conversation about our pasts. I gulped down some more wine. Liquid courage always works.

"Well, I've been in the foster system since I can remember. I was found living in a dumpster and someone took me to social services, I've been in the system, moving from home to home all my life until I aged out, so I never met my parents, I have no way to know who they are."

It frightened me to look into his eyes. Every time someone found out all I got was pity.

Everyone then sees me as some frightened little girl. But I looked anyways. There wasn't pity in his eyes it was, admiration?

He didn't say anything and instead answered the question himself.

"My mothers Andrea Black and my fathers Richard Black. They're wonderful people. I couldn't ask for better parents. They've always been attentive and loved me no matter the mistakes I made."

I smiled at the warmth in his eyes when talking about his parents. I wish I'd had such a luxury but it's nice to see that love there, considering he's an egotistical asshole, I guess this is proof he has some form of a heart.... Deep deep down.

"You'll get to meet them soon enough, they've never been ones to grant me much privacy with my personal life."

I chuckle. "I look forward to meeting them, maybe they can explain to me how you turned out to be such a dick."

He glared at me but I saw the little tilt on the side of his mouth. "First kiss?"

I cringed just thinking back. "I was fifteen and it was with my first boyfriend. He took me to a spot on the beach. It was actually quite romantic until he leaned in and sneezed in my face. A whole bunch of his snot splattered onto my face. He didn't even care just leaned right in and planted one on my lips."

I physically shuddered. Grayson just laughed. "What about yours?" I questioned.

"Easy, when I was thirteen with the hottest girl in my class at the time. See, I've always been a real ladies man." I threw back the rest of my wine and held out the glass so he could pour me more. Being with him is going to force me into alcoholism.

After a couple more hours of questions I'd gathered a good amount of information on the Grayson Black. Like, his favourite colour? Black. His favourite sexually pleasing movie? (His question not mine) fifty shades of grey, he thinks they should've made it fifty shades of black. Of course he said that if anyone made a movie about his life, that's what it'd be called. He doesn't have any pets because he's not home enough and would want to have a home with a backyard to cater to the animal. He also likes gruesome horror movies because the mutation of human parts is, and I quote 'hilarious'. I'm living with a psycho.

By the end I was far more tipsy than I'd preferred, I know when I've had too much to drink, it's always when I actually start to find Grayson funny. I know, it's completely absurd and embarrassing.

He helped me up from the couch and we walked to our rooms. The two of us both came to a stop outside our doors. "You know, when I drink, you suddenly become a lot more attractive." I waved my hands in front of his face "like I could seriously put aside your assholery for tonight." He laughed and opened my door for me.

"We've reached Olivias drinking limit tonight. I cannot wait to rub this in your face tomorrow."

I gave a suggestive smirk "or you could rub it in me tonight."

"Oh tomorrow is going to be so much fun." He helped me through the door and pulled back the duvet.

"Sit." He commanded. I did as told and got into bed. He pulled the duvet up and kissed my temple. Even drunk Olivia knew that was a little off even for him. He left the room and turned out the light. "Go to sleep, we have an early start tomorrow morning."

I groaned, he chuckled one last time and shut the door behind him. It was then that I allowed sleep to take over my body.