Lunch Break Drama

When we found my locker I handed her my schedule so we could figure out which classes we'd have together. I'd known her for only maybe 5 minutes now, but I could just tell we'd be friends for a long time.

"Well, we have first and second together, third we have different. You're gonna have the first lunch. Then we have fifth and sixth together too! Not too bad." she said, handing me back the paper as I closed the locker, my note book and blue pen the only things in my hands.

"Good! At least I'll have someone to talk to for most the day." I said. After that she asked me about some of the things I like and I totally blew her away. Her face was priceless when I finished the list. As we took our seats in our first hour, Mrs. Leaver's history class, I couldn't hold back and laughed at her face.

"So let me get this straight. You have a brown belt in karate, you used to be in gymnastics, you can shoot a gun, and you're gonna do track and field?" she asked.

"Yup. Though I don't see why you're so flabberghausted. It's not that long of a list." I said with an amused smile on my face.

"Well that's cause I'm physically lazy. But I'm super book smart." she said with a smile.

"Yes! I have a partner to cheat off of!" I said sarcastically. It made her laugh and I just smiled triumphantly. Then suddenly, her laughter cut off and she looked behind me, a look of intimidation on her face. I turned and in the door way witnessed a god. Oh sweet Jesus. No one should look that good. His black hair fell slightly over his striking blue eyes and he was smiling, which made his lip ring shine under the schools flourecentlights. I looked away, realizing I had started blushing for no reason. Then I heard him talk. I quickly turned to Lucy and whispered,

"Is that what heaven looks like?" just before he came up to us.

"Hey Lucy, who's your friend?" He asked. Lucy glanced at me worridly then answered shakily,

"Um, Lisa."

"Lisa, pretty name. I'm Hunter Davis." he said, extending his hand for me to shake. I managed a small smile as I took his hand, but was totally unprepared for what I felt. It was like someone shot electricity through my arm, but in a more tingly way. I just stared at our connected hands, too in shock to do much else.

"Mr. Davis, will you please take your seat?" the teacher who I assumed was Mrs. Leaver, said. Hunter nodded at her and said

"Nice to meet you." before taking his seat way in the back.

"Well class, looks like we have a new student! Why don't you introduce yourself dear." Mrs. Leaver said with a huge smile. Shit. Shit. I'm screwed. As I stood up I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, a nervous habit I get when talking to crowds.

As I looked up from my feet, I was planning on staring at the back board, but instead decided to talk to Lucy.

"Um, Hi. I'm Lisa Joans and I'm from Phoenix Arizona because both my parents are in the coast guard, so we move alot." I quickly said before returning to my seat. At least I hadn't stuttered and clammed up and just sat back down. I took a deep breath to calm my beating heart and then gave Mrs. Leaver my full attention. Or so I wanted to think. She was teaching the class about World War 1, the last subject I had had in my old school. Feeling watched, I looked back and saw Hunter staring at me, a small smile on his lips. I turned away quickly, feeling my cheeks blush for no reason, again.

The rest of my hours flew by fast. Hunter wasn't in the two, and I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad about it. As I got ready for lunch, I realized something. I knew no one in this entire lunch room. Shit. Again. I sighed and got into the line anyways, concluding I'd just get water or something small and go to the library instead.