First Day!

As I ran up to the house my mind was everywhere at once. What the hell was a wolf doing here in Georgia?! Was it even common? Do wolves usually have beautiful blue eyes? Wait....What the hell!? I'm losing my mind, it's official. As I opened the back door I heard my parents laughing in the kitchen. Still in there? Ugh.

"Did you find anything Dear?" asked my dad.

"Not really." I replied with a polite smile. I thought back to the rose garden, but decided to keep that to myself. To leave it as my own place.

"Oh well. Anyways, dinner's done." my mother said, ushering both me and my dad through a door that connected to the dining room.  I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to this house's size. As I pulled a chair for myself, my mind drifted back to the wolf. It's all black fur matched the shadows perfectly. How long had it been there?

"Did you hear me Lisa?" I heard my mom distantly. I shook my head slightly to clear it and returned to reality.

"I"m sorry, what mom?" I asked.

"Don't forget your bag tomorrow. You don't want to embarrass your self on your first day, now do you?" she asked before taking a bite of the spaghetti she had made for us.

"I won't mom, don't worry." I said before trying the spaghetti. YUM! 

The rest of dinner was in comfortable silence, all three of us in our own thoughts. When I finished, I went and sat my dishes in the sink and then ran all the way up to my room. I really hope this school has a track team. And that's when my mind was flooded with thoughts of Mason High. I flopped onto my bed, much like I had earlier. After a few minutes, I pushed myself up, grabbed my pink, fluffy pj pants and a plain white t-shirt and headed for my en suite. This house never fails to amaze me.

After the calming shower, I walked out with a towel still wrapped in my hair. Once my clothes were in the bin that was next to my door, I sat on my bed and really looked at my new room for the first time. My queen, white canopy bed was on the far wall, straight across from the door. A window was on either side of my bed and there was a small bed side table with my lamp and stereo on it to my left. On the left wall from my door was two doors. One was the bathroom and the other was a walk in closet that will probably never be filled. And then the last wall was my favorite. It was just a giant, floor to ceiling book case, already filled. I love reading, so when we first got here and I saw that wall, I almost started crying. No joke.

I sighed and unwrapped my hair, then threw it towards the clothes bin. As I predicted, I missed. By a long shot. With a small smile on my face, I got up and put it in the bin, then did back bends back to my bed. God I missed gymnastics. Looking at the time on my ipod, which was 10 pm, I decided sleeping should be my next move. Turning my lamp off, I sighed and went under my covers which faintly smelt of vanilla. I closed my eyes, expecting sleep to come fast, due to the exhaust of running earlier, but sleep evaded me. I tried to turn and I even moved upside down, my feet where my head should be, but it didn't work. This was going to be a long night.

****************************************************************************************************

"Time to get up sweet heart." I heard my mom say. I rolled over and being me, landed with a thud on the ground.

"I know how to get up." I mumbled to myself sleepily. I pushed myself up, untangling myself from the warmth of my blankets to the crude cold of the wood floors. I grabbed my white bunny slippers from under my bed and walked down to the kitchen.

"You look like death dear. When exactly did you get to sleep?" my mom asked as she flipped bacon for me.

"I don't know, I couldn't get to sleep. Nerves I guess." I replied. To be honest, it was those damn blue eyes. Every time I got close to actually sleeping, I'd wake with a start, those eyes coming to mind.

"Well, lets just hope you got enough sleep to function." she said with a smile, sliding the bacon onto a plate and then pushed it towards me.

"Where's dad?" I asked as she then poured me orange juice. Pulp free of course.

"Probably still sleeping, we still have a few days till we have to get to the office, so he's getting as much sleep as he can before the inevitable long nights." she said, handing my my glass.

"Oh." I said before taking a gulp of the juice. The rest of my breakfast was fast and quiet. Once I was done I lept from my seat and ran up the stairs, not wanting any time to be wasted. I hate being late. As soon as my door closed I walked to my closet and looked around, trying to remember where I put everything. I grabbed dark blue jeans, a white tank top with a blue plaid, and a button down shirt. I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows and then searched for my beloved converse. After freaking our for a good 5 minutes, I finally found them hiding under a random rack. Then I went to my bathroom and ran my brush through my hair, thanking the gods for my naturally straight hair.

"Are you ready?" I heard my mom yell up the stairs.

"Almost, one minute!" I yelled back. I left my bathroom and twirled in a complete 360, searching for my bright neon yellow school bag. I sighed happily, noticing it on the hook on the back of my door. I grabbed it and ran out of my room. As I was going down the stairs I got my car keys out.

"Bye mom, tell dad I said bye too!" I yelled through the house, swinging the front door open.

"Bye sweet heart!" I heard her yell as the door slammed. I walked down the front steps and walked to one of my prized possessions. My perfectly restored, light blue 1962 Chevrolet Corvette. I threw my bag into the passenger seat and then walked around to the driver side, putting my hair into a pony tail on the way. I grabbed my aviator sun glasses from the middle counsel and then drove off to school. I hope it just goes without me making an ass of myself.

Fifteen minutes later I finally found the school and the student parking. By the looks of these cars, there were a few that looked as nice as mine, so at least I wouldn't stand out. I sighed and grabbed my bag, sliding my glasses up my head and pulled my pony tail out. As I walked closer to the building, I noticed the school was bigger then I had expected. Hopefully they'd be big enough for a track team. I was almost to the stairs when a couple of very blond and very fake cheerleaders with the tiny cheer outfits cut me off.

"Hey, I'm Brittany." the middle blond introduced herself.

"Hi." I replied with a slight smile, hoping she'd just go away.

"I just noticed you're new and wanted to inform you that this years cheer leading try outs are actually tonight at 5. Hope you can come!" she said with a sickly sweet voice.

"Thanks, but I'm pretty sure the cheer leading scene isn't me." I said. And then I side stepped past her and her friends.

I got up the stairs and was relieved to find the central office right to my left. As I entered, a lady I'm guessing to be around 40 looked up and smiled brightly.

"Lisa Joans?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Um, yeah." I replied, shocked to know she knew my name.

"Don't worry dear, this town is small. Everyone knows everyone, whether you know them or not." she said cheerfully. That didn't sound stalker/creeper ish at all. I just smiled and walked up to the desk.

"Alright, here's your schedule. And do you want a map to the school?" she asked, handing me a paper with my schedule and locker info on it.

"No, I'll be fine." I said, turning to leave. "Thank you." I said before I left.

"Welcome!" I heard her yell back when the door was closed. She seemed nice. I looked at the paper and then started the search for my locker. I was slowly walking down the hall, trying to glance at the locker numbers, when I ran into someone.

"I am so sorry!" She said. She had black, curly hair and brown eyes.

"It's ok, I wasn't paying attention." I said with an apologetic smile.

"Are you new?" she asked.

"Yeah." I said sheepishly.

"Well, I'm Lucy." she said, holding out her hand.

"Lisa." I said with a smile, shaking her hand.

"Need help with your locker?" she asked.

"Please!" I said and we both laughed.