Chapter 25: King

After a night of Partying and meeting Luffy's brother Naruto created a large ship with his Mokuton and the two set said for Shanbody. The two met up with Rayleigh along the way who had come in search of Luffy after seeing his display of Haoshoku Haki at Marineford. After a few minutes of arguing Naruto and Rayleigh talked Luffy into taking time off to train his ability, Naruto agreed to pass on the message to Luffy's crew since he could track them down easily by searching for their energy.

As he watched the two sail off on Rayleigh's boat Naruto sighed to himself.

"Now I have two years to kill, oh well its a wide world to explore." He vanished as the Mokuton ship sunk beneath the surface.

Naruto sighed in content as he lounged on his small raft floating through the sea, kicking his feet up he leaned back against the mast and watched as a figure in the distance approached steadily. It had been two years since he had left Luffy with Rayleigh and it was finally time to meet up at Shanbody. After leaving the straw hat captain Naruto had traveled to the location of each of Luffy's crew-mates and informed them of what had happened, it was on one such trip that he had picked up his first student in a decade. Naruto smirked as his student finished his final lap around the small vessel and collapsed onto the raft.

"Good job Zoro, now give me 500 push ups and 2000 sword swipes in alternating directions." Naruto ordered with a grin.

The green haired man groaned and cursed silently as he began the routine. Naruto had picked up Zoro after he met the man on the small island he had been sent to by Kuma. Zoro after hearing of Naruto's victory against the strongest swordsman in the world had practically begged the blond to teach him and after an hour of this Naruto had finally conceded defeat and accepted Zoro as his student. He then enjoyed a month of peace as he forced Zoro to face off against the warrior baboons native to the island they were on. Once Zoro was strong enough they set out to sea.

The next two years were spent sailing the sea randomly and training, they went through all four sections of the world while avoiding the grand line. Naruto had introduced Zoro to chakra and had taught the swordsman how to walk on all surfaces as well as water, he had even transfigured three chakra conductive blades for Zoro and with some seal work had made them more powerful than any blade in this world.

Once Zoro had mastered the chakra exercises Naruto had taught him a powerful kenjutsu style that worked well with one, two or all three blades at once, the style had been taught to him by Killer Bee who used seven blades at a time. Naruto had also helped him learn Gai's Strong Fist Taijutsu style which Zoro had easily learned having already built up the proper muscles for it over the years. With liberal use of gravity and resistance seals as well as some genjutsu and mental modifications Naruto had turned the swordsman into one of the most powerful people in the world in less than two years.

"Damn you...bastard...slave driver.." Zoro grumbled out an insult with each swing, he had stopped keeping count with numbers and had switched to insults after the 1362nd swing. Another 20 minutes later and he was finished the exercise, collapsing onto the deck to catch his breath he glared at his friend and teacher.

"Aww, don't look at me like that. After all today is our last day as teacher and student." Naruto stated with a wide grin. Zoro quirked an eyebrow at this.

"I can already sense the others converging on one location, we'll reach Shanbody by tomorrow and join up with the crew." Naruto explained. Zoro sighed in relief, it was good to know that everyone was doing alright, his attention snapped back to Naruto as he felt his body lighten up.

What did you do now?" He asked seeing Naruto's hand in an all too familiar hand sign.

"Don't worry, I just released your seals. Your body will need time to rest and get used to normal gravity and resistance if you want to fight at top form. Your training is complete Zoro, while there are many more things I could teach you, you're already one of the most powerful pirates out there and you can forge your own path and learn whatever you want from this point on." Naruto explained.