Chapter 5: Knowledge

The trip back to Water 7 was spent with Naruto conversing with the Straw Hat crew, it had taken him several tries to explain to them that his abilities weren't the result of some type of Devil fruit, then he had to make up some story to explain just how he learned to use chakra.

"...And then, after five years meditating with no food or water at the top of the mountain, I was blessed by the sacred mountain goat people." Naruto finished his tale, doing his utmost to keep his face straight.

"Wow, that's so cool!" Chopper exclaimed, eyes alight with stars.

Looking around at the looks of awe on Luffy, Chopper and Usopp's faces, Naruto sweat dropped.

'How gullible can they be?'

With the blond's silly tale complete, Zoro decided to ask something that had been bugging him for a while, before the blond started on another sill story.

"Hey Naruto?" Zoro began, drawing the blonds attention. "What was that you did back there, the thing with Lucci?"

The others perked up at that, they'd been wondering the same thing.

"Oh, that's..." Naruto began, grinning wide as they all leaned in. "...a secret!"

The crow shook as it's passengers all face-planted at the same time, causing Naruto to break out in laughter, he was really having fun with these guys. For the first time in a long while, he could hang around people that didn't hate him or try to belittle him with each sentence, it was a nice change of pace. So the flight went on, with Naruto and the Straw Hats talking and exchanging stories; even though he already read about most of their adventures, it was still fun to listen to everyone talk.

They landed on Water 7 an hour later, Naruto dropping his passengers and the ship off on Crap Island and dispelling his summon.

"Well, it's been fun guys but I have somewhere else to be, take care." Naruto announced, he immediately found himself latched onto by a crying Luffy and Chopper.

"No! You cant go yet Naruto, join my crew." Luffy bawled, much to the embarrassment of his crew. "We can have loads of adventures."

"Wish I could Luffy, I really do, but I still have things I need to do on my own." Naruto replied, smiling sadly. "Maybe I'll come back and visit you guys some time, okay?"

"We understand." Nami smiled, assisting Robin as they tried to pry the two off of him. "Maybe well meet again."

Saying his goodbyes, Naruto turned and took off, running across the ocean; much to the awe of the others. As he left Water 7, he could feel some sort of voice at the back of his mind, a voice that was telling him which way to go; this, he assumed, was the help from Davy Jones.

For the next four days, Naruto would run across the ocean during the daytime in order to build up his reserves and control, which was made harder because he only had a limited amount of chakra to use due to his limiter seals. Once he ran low on available chakra, he would release a level of the seal in order to summon some sort of sea creature to ride on, usually a whale or a giant turtle. He would then spend an hour or two resting before summoning clones to work on more chakra exercises while he did a few physical exercises like push ups, sit ups and laps on whatever creature he was on.

He continued like this for several days before he decided he was ready to absorb what he'd sucked out of Rob Lucci.

Concentrating on his vortexes, Naruto commanded them to break down all the information and power he'd absorbed and merge it with his body. The first difference he noticed was with his body, his muscles seemed to bulge out and expand for several seconds before they contracted back to normal, his body returning to it's regular appearance; still the increase in strength remained despite the lack of physical change.