I7.

Virat and his men had planned everything to abduct her.

But they hadn't expected to crash her with their car in the midnight.

Virat's heartbeat stopped for a second when he realized what had happened. His mate had been hit.

He rushed out to her and winced seeing the deep wound on her head.

"Kiara!" He said, tapping her cheek. She gave no response scaring him even more.

"That is luna?" Asked one of his men.

Nobody answered because from the reaction of their alpha they knew who she was.

"We need to take her to the hospital."

They took her to the hospital quickly.

All the while Virat wasn't leaving her even for a moment. He felt like someone had stabbed his heart. Seeing her unconscious and weak broke him.

He was forcefully pushed out by the doctors who wanted to examine her.

"Don't worry alpha, everything will be fine." The others tried to assure him. But Virat was not in a state of listening. He had found her after so long and he was scared of loosing her. He was a complete jerk as he realised for wanting to give up on her earlier. But now seeing her like that he realized how much his soul needed her.

After a few restless minutes a nurse came out from the room in a rush.

"Nurse what happened? How is she?" Virat asked her.

"She has lost a lot of blood so we can't say anything right now. The wound is deep and the doctor will have to operate on her immediately or else there are chances of her slipping into coma."

The nurse's words broke him even further.

Virat sat down on a nearby chair, lost.

The men gave each other a worried look as it was the first time they were seeing him like this.

They waited for a few more hours praying to their god for her safety and recovery.

And after a long wait the doctors finally came out.

"Doctor! How was the operation?" They asked in unison.

"It's safe to say that the operation was successful but she has not yet opened her eyes. We will have to wait for some more hours until she finally gains consciousness. Only then we can check for the signs of anymore damage or memory loss." He answered before leaving.

Virat sighed in relief and thanked the gods above. She was safe.

A nurse informed them that they could see her now.

Virat entered the room slowly, wincing at her pale state.

He sat near her and held her soft hand in his.

"I am sorry mate." He whispered to her before kissing her hand. He couldn't even look at her without feeling guilty. He could have lost her today. Just the mere thought of her getting hurt was scaring him and there was a time he was ready to reject her.

"I am such a dick."

"How could I even think of leaving you? I can't ever avoid these feelings for you. We are bonded together." He said looking at their joined hands with tears.

"I'll mend everything. I promise." He said, before kissing their joined hands.

He spent some more minutes observing his mate.

'So preety. Our mate is so precious.' Whispered his wolf as he stared at her long lashes and straight nose.

"I know. The most beautiful human on this planet." Virat said with an equally admiring tone before his eyes fell on her things kept in a corner.

The accident had made him go blank and he couldn't think straight for a while but now he realized something important.

His mate was out in the middle of the night all alone.

He walked towards her things and found a small bag and a photo frame. He made a mental note to thank his men for bringing it.

"What the hell" he mumbled to himself after looking at her things.

"Was she trying to run away? But why?"

In that moment he realised that he didn't know all about her. And only she could tell him everything.

________________

It was morning and the sun was slowly spreading it's rays all around. The world was same as it was, except for Virat. He was by her side the whole time, holding her cold hands.

He sighed and rested his forehead against their hands. All he wanted was for her to wake up.

Kiara's calm face morphed into a painful expression. She was wiggling in her bed like trying to come out of a grip.

Virat was alert and he called for the doctor immediately. He tried to hold her and talk to her but she wasn't responding.

The doctors rushed to her side and checked her heartbeats.

Finally after some seconds she calmed down, and slowly opened her eyes.

Virat was the first person, her eyes fell upon. He was entranced by her gaze that locked with him.

"Miss Kiara, how are you feeling now?" The doctor asked her in a soft voice.

She had a confused expression on her face as she looked at everyone.
"K-Kiara? Who is Kiara? W-What am I doing here?"

Her words left everyone blank for a second. Virat was bewildered and he looked at the doctor for an explanation.

"Do you remember who you are?" Asked the doctor with a worried face.

Kiara shook her head negatively and everyone was more tensed now. She had forgotten everything, suffering from a memory loss.

"Your name is Kiara. And you had an accident last night." The doctor said and motioned the nurse who injected the girl.

Kiara was soon asleep and it made Virat sigh in relief. He had no idea what to do now.

The doctor brought him out of the room and said,
"Your wife has suffered memory loss. You have to take care of her. Her memories will be back in a few days or months or never. But you cannot pressurize her into anything. Let her take as much time as she wants."

Two things shocked Virat to the core, firstly the doctor assumed him her husband and secondly, she had no memories of her life now.

He had to take care of her, as her husband.