I4.

It was time to leave.

The students were all ready to leave the forest behind and go back to their busy lives in the concrete jungles.

"Anyways the two days were fun at least. Ofcourse leaving the part where you were sick." Jiya said, while they waited for the bus.

Kiara still didn't remember anything about the night so she ignored the comment. She didn't want to leave. This forest felt home to her and it provided her with a warmth.

Her heart ached at the thought of leaving, but she didn't speak a word about it to anyone.

Clutching the small pendant in her neck which was gifted by her parents, she sat in the bus.

There was something wrong, she could sense it.

As the bus moved towards the boundary of the forest, her heart beat raced. A strong pain formed in her hurt causing her to cluch the pendant tightly. She shut her eyes with a gasp as a cold shiver ran down her spine. Her entire body was aching.

"Kiara, What happened? Are you okay?" Jiya asked seeing her friend's state.

Kiara couldn't speak. She just shook her head and rested it against the glass.

Jiya caressed her hair while Kiara tried to calm down.

The moment the bus left the forest boundary a loud howl shook the forest. It's intensity scared everyone including Kiara.

She gasped and looked outside the window but couldn't see anyone.

Soon the pain subsided and she drifted off to sleep.

Meanwhile Virat could only stare at the bus going away from him. He wanted to stop it, but he couldn't.

"Virat" He heard Sahil's voice.

The black wolf turned around, it's golden eyes had a red rim around them. He was in tears.

Sahil sucked in a deep breath seeing his alpha so vulnerable for the first time after years. He was like this when his parents died.

"I...I found the s-she wolf for you."

The beta in Sahil wanted to cut his own tongue for saying such thing. His honesty and duty was already tied to his Alpha's real mate. But he was helpless.

The wolf closed his eyes for a second before shifting in its human form.

"Who?"

"Tanya, the daughter of your father's gamma. She rejected her mate 5 years ago because...because he was having no rank. He was weak for her." Sahil told him trying to control the distaste in his tone.

"That is so wrong. What kind of a reason is this? And didn't you find anyone else?" Virat asked with clear anger.

Sahil narrowed his eyes at the hypocrisy.

"If I am not wrong, that is the same reason why you rejected your mate. And moreover, no she wolf is mateless right now. Nobody rejects their mate so often. It's a sin." Sahil reminded Virat who went speechless for a moment.

"Well, I didn't reject her. She is still bonded to me. If not with me, she can not be with any other man. She won't have her own children if the father is not me. So she will always be my mate." Virat said with a smirk.

It was true, he hadn't actually rejected her. It was a painful process for both of them. And a woman could only get pregnant because of her mate, unless she is actually mateless. These rules were made by the gods to keep the mates always together.

"What the hell! You are ruining her life. She doesn't have any idea about this. You are doing wrong with her. And let me tell you, the moment you mate someone else, your bond with Kiara will break. She will be free... to have any other man in her life."

Virat growled loudly after hearing the words from Sahil.

He held his collar tightly and seethed in anger.

"That.will.not.happen." He said, gritting his teeth.

Sahil chuckled humorlessly and said,
"Why? If you mate with someone else, she has all the rights to do so. And she is a human. Obviously she will date someone...marry someone." 

Virat's wolf growled loudly and his eyes started changing it's color.

His grip on Sahil's collar tightened before he left it.

"Agar itni hi taqleef ho rahi hai, to kyu kar rahe ho yeh sab? Jao uske paas, bana lo use apna."

(Why are you doing this if it hurts so much? Go and make her yours.)

Virat closed his eyes and sighed. He was understanding each and every word of Sahil but he was shackled by the images of his parents death. One thing he never liked or trusted was humans. For him, they were killers. Murderers of his parents.

"I can't. Even the thought of being with her....I feel like I am betraying my parents." He said helplessly.

Sahil kept a hand on his shoulder and said, "Whatever you decide, as your beta I am obliged to follow it. I hope the gods show you the right path."

Virat nodded with a grateful smile.

"You have to decide the date of mating Tanya."

________________

It was almost night when Kiara reached home.

Home.

The place had never felt like that to her. Home is where family is. But this was just a house where she was getting accommodation in return of working.

The door was opened by none other than her eldest mami, Niti.

"Aa gayi maharani deshatan karke?" She asked bitterly as she made way for the girl to enter.

(So the queen is finally back after visiting her state.)

Kiara touched her feet as matter of politeness but Niti just ignored her.

"Who is it Niti?" Kiara's grandmother asked while entering the living room.

Her eyes widened after seeing Kiara and a big smile graced her face.

"Aa gayi meri bacchi? Aa.. maine kitna miss kiya tujhe." Dadi said, hugging Kiara.

(My child is back? I missed you so much.)

Kiara felt happy in Dadi's presence. Only her grandparents were good to her. Well her uncles were also good but they had no say in front of their wives.

Her grandparents and uncles were happy to see her.

"I am glad the trip ended early. So much work is pending to do." Mamta said with a wicked grin.

"Yes you are right Mamta. Come on Kiara, serve us dinner fast." Niti ordered the girl who quickly went to the kitchen.

Her aunt's never let their children and daughter in law do any work. Kiara was told to do their work too.

After everyone had their dinner she ate her food alone in the kitchen.

Something felt off to her. There was a void in her heart for some reason she didn't know.

Not feeling like eating, she went to her room which was small with only a bed, a small cupboard and a table.

She freshned up quickly and laid down on the small bed.

"Why does no one want me? Is it my fault that maa and papa left me? Will anyone ever love me?" She thought to herself as a tear slid down her eye.

Was the one destined for her also going to push her away?

________________

Poor Kiara😭

What will Virat do? Will he mate someone else?

Like and comment.