The Long Run

Madison opened her eyes slightly. She was still a little loopy and dizzy. But she could see everyone panicking and shouting. They scrambled to try and help Madison. Kenji stayed by her side trying to help her because at this point he didn't know what to do.

"Maddie! Maddie!" Kenji yelled for Madison to stay with him.

"Kenji! The quills are poisonous. We gotta take them out of her" Brooklyn said.

Madison moaned in pain. She looked at her body to see she was turning Green.

"Okay on my count" Brooklyn said.

"This is gonna hurt. I'm sorry" Kenji said.

"One, two, three" Brooklyn said before they pulled out the quills.

Madison winced slightly. Brooklyn covered her wound with a bandage to wrap around her waist. Kenji took her jacket off leaving her in her tank top and leggings.

"Maddie? Maddie! Maddie!" Kenji yelled again.

Madison vision faded to black. All the campers gathered around Madison as she was fading in and out of consciousness. Right now she was awake. The campers we're saddened. Their friend was almost dying in front of them. Madison looked at them all. She chuckled.

"You all make it seem like I'm dying. I'm not. That ugly thing ain't gonna be the one to take me out" Madison said breathing heavily.

That at least made them smiled. Kenji smiled wiping his tears holding Madison hand.

"Taking out the quills wasn't enough. The poison's already in her system. She needs and antidote" Darius said.

"Oh sure, yeah and antidote. That'll be easy to find considering no one even knew this thing existed" Kenji said trying not to break down.

"Maybe the medical supply station has something" Ben asked.

Kenji scoffed.

"Doubt it" he mumbled.

"Kenji right. The Scorpius Rex wasn't supposed to ever get out" Darius said.

Brooklyn then gasped.

"The video on Wu's old lab. He was attacked by the Scorpius, and they were giving him this shot from a red vial. I think they said antidote, I'm not"Brooklyn was cut off by Kenji who grabbed her by the shoulders desperately trying to get the antidote for his girlfriend.

"where is this lab" he asked.

Brooklyn pulled out a map.

"near the raptor paddock" She said.

"Kenji you can't go you gotta stay with her" Sammy said.

Sammy felt guilty as if she would have moved quicker Madison wouldn't be in this situation. Kenji was about to argue before Yasmina spoke up.

"she's right. Maddie needs you. Take care of Madison until I get back" Yasmina said before she took off running to get the antidote for her friend.

"wait Yaz! The Scorpius went that way" Darius said.

"I don't care what's put there. I'm saving her" Yasmina said.

"this is nuts she can't out run that thing" Ben said.

"we have to figure out a way to help her somehow." Brooklyn said.

"okay think what do we know so far about this dinosaur"Darius said.

"it's straight up terrifying, it climbs, breathes like a pug with a cold, and it moves weird" Kenji said before making weird sounds making him cough.

Madison began to mumble and say something.