Three, Ehren

Three

Then

2 Years, 4 Months Ago

Ehren

Well shit, best night of my damn life. No denying that. Also, no denying the fact that my ass isn't going to be able to get back to sleep after getting startled awake by that amazingly beautiful woman.

One-night stand? I sure as fuck hope not.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed taking note that my thighs were a bit sore from the extracurricular activities that happened last night, and that caused a smile to push through. I pushed myself up and headed to the bathroom, then threw on some basketball shorts deciding to go for a run before coffee.

Tossed in my ear buds, picked a random song and headed out the door, taking the stairs down the seven flights to the underground parking garage, then headed out on the street. I ran about three miles total in about a half an hour making a round trip back to the parking garage, the sun was just starting to peak, thank god it was already 75 degree's out because I was dripping sweat.

A bunch of residents were heading out to work as I was walking in.

"Literally only saw my sister in passing this morning, didn't get to talk to her and I'm running late but." Lana took a deep breath but didn't stop walking, thankfully my music was low enough that I heard her start talking in the first place. I pulled one of my ear buds and smiled. "Seems like y'all had a great night." She wiggled her eyebrows and winked. I shook my head and looked down.

"You're not going to hear a single complaint from me, that's for damn sure."

"You dog you!" She laughed and flung open the door to her little sedan. "I gotta go, see ya!" I waved but she was already throwing her car in reverse. Couldn't help but laugh, that girl was wild. I watched her till she was out of site before continuing to walk towards the door.

"Why aren't you still in bed?" Her soft voice made me look up smile still plastered to my face.

"Went for a run, bed isn't a comfortable when it's missing a piece." She looked down and smiled.

"Smooth. A run at 4am?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Not as hot out."

"Do you normally run this early?"

"I do actually, not on so little sleep but, it is a routine." She giggled turning red. I just kept my smile and watched her. She had her hand on her truck door standing there with it open.

"I had a lot a fun last night."

"Agreed, and not opposed to another night like that." She blushed again.

"Me either...I have to work tonight, maybe after?"

"Where do you work?" She laughed.

"Depends on the time of day." She rolled her eyes. "I work at a café in the mornings, most mornings, then after the breakfast rush I go to school, then I get to come home and eat, sometimes take a nap...and lastly I'm a bartender at Coyote Ugly Saloon on 6th street."

"Busy woman."

"I am. What about you?"

"I work when I'm called."

"What?" She giggled.

"My job isn't a traditional 9-5. I get a phone call; I drop everything and have to go." She nodded her head.

"Well, if you don't get a phone call today, you should come visit while I'm working." She smiled wide.

"I'll be there." She smiled and took the few steps to me popping up on her tippy toes to press her lips against mine. "I'm all sweaty." I stated against her lips as her arms went around my shoulders.

"I don't care." She whispered back with a smile. I deepened the kiss until she pulled away. "Bye Ehren."

"See ya later Layla." She got into her truck and drove off.

My phone went off three times in a row so I pulled it out of my pocket.

Casey – You good bro? Make it home straight?

Casey – End up getting it in or...

Casey – I know you're up, asshat.

Me – Good morning Casey.

Casey – Sup budddddddddy. Want to hit the gym?

Me – No Carson duty?

Casey – Buddy...he's asleep. It's like 5 in the fucking morning moron.

Me – Wyatt doesn't want to go with you?

Casey – If you don't want to get some gains just say so.

Casey – Whole team is going.

Me – I'll meet you there, just got back from my run.

Casey – Dane too, y'all are idiots.

Me – Work on your cardio bro, the ladies will thank you.

Casey – I don't need any help with the ladies my man 😉

Me – Yea, sure lol. See you in 15.

Casey – Word.

Idiot. Just as I was about to put my phone away it went off again.

Josh – Dude, I know it's early. I have not screwed up time zones again promise. Think you can come up this weekend?

Me – Why

Josh – Dad needs our help with the new place. Why are you up?

Me – This is actually what time my body wakes me up in the morning. What's he need help with?

Our Dad's in his 60's and isn't in the best shape. I mean he's healthy and going strong but he just doesn't take care of himself as he should. After he and my Mom split up, he never moved on. My Mom did, but he always told my brother and I that she was the only woman for him. He just bought a fixer up and my brother has been doing most of the work to it. I go up whenever he needs help with something big. They're still my family.

Josh – The roof.

Me – Yea I'll come up.

Josh – Thank fuck bud, I didn't want to do that shit myself.

Me – Got you.

Josh – Mom wants to see you too; said you haven't been up in a month, eh?

Me – Basically, it has been a bit. Work has been a little crazy for a bit. I have off this weekend though.

Josh – Awesome bud. I'll let her know too.

Me – Thanks J.

I got up to my apartment and rinsed the sweat off since I'm just going to be dripping again after the gym. Grabbed my bag and went to meet up with the guys.

"There's our little guy!" Casey said with a smile, hands up in the air.

"I actually hate you."

"You love every one of us." Wyatt laughed, which was rare. He was a very serious guy and has always scared the shit out of me. Even though he'd only hurt someone that messed with someone he loved, it didn't make it any better. He was just a scary lookin' dude. So was Deegan though. I guess all of us could be scary depending on the circumstances. I shook out of my thoughts when Dane came over and slapped me on the back.

"How was your night."

"Good? Yours?"

"It sucked." He laughed.

"So, you drank too much while Erica yelled at you?" Dane pursed his lips and nodded.

"Basically." He laughed before walking over to some weights to begin his workout. Typically, we all came to the gym, worked out yelling at one another, and helping one another, then headed out to grab some food. Today was no different.