16

chapter sixteen

❝ I feel nauseous ❞
-------------

I stood behind Cheongsan as he whistled a tune to Gyeongsu who did nothing but laugh before flashing him a middle finger

I stood behind Cheongsan as he whistled a tune to Gyeongsu who did nothing but laugh before flashing him a middle finger. Oh how I envy their friendship.

“Deserved” I joined in laughing. We might not hear his laugh but we know how loud he might be laughing right now. “Shut up” Cheongsan muttered as he turned to me “Is Nayeon really that bitchy?”

He nods and that nod explained everything to me. I mean, every classroom has it's demonic classmate and mine is... Gwinam. Gwinam, I wonder if you're still alive or not. I may hate you but only God knows how worried I am of you.

Surely you won't have a problem with killing zombies due to your brutal nature.

“I have never seen you this lively before around people except me” Cheongsan started, standing by the window beside me “I figured that now is not the time to be quiet” I replied while looking down at the field, searching for the zombie who took my katana.

Now I don't have any sort of weapon anymore and that is the most important thing to have in an apocalypse. A sturdy weapon to keep me alive.

“Or have you been a psychopath all along? wanting an apocalypse like this to happen” laughing at me, I glared at him before turning my back on the window, leaning my back on the broken window.

“I feel nauseous” I told Cheongsan whose eyes quickly turned to me, watching me while I lift my hand over to my head. “What? what happened? are you alright? nauseous?” his question came one by one, concern written in his eyes as he scanned me up and down.

“I think... I'm...” I groaned, closing my eyes shut and lowering my head. He moved closer, his hands hovering around my arms before I screamed at him, causing him to scream back “Gah!” I screamed at him with my eyes wide and my mouth open “Ror” I added.

“Guleum-ah!” Cheongsan yelled, with his body now glued to the lockers from the sudden shock I gave him. A smile formed on my lips, “Maybe I am crazy” I said, slowly looking over to the other side where the group of survivors who I now call my team froze in shock.

“What? Nothing wrong with pranking a friend” Their eyes not moving away from me, they all sat in silence before I felt their heavy eyes judging me. Well, alright.

“What was that?” Suhyeok approaches me with a knot eyebrows, not understanding this simple prank between friends “Oh, hey fighter boy” I smiled, waving at him “I don't fight anymore” he immediately replied “Well you don't have a choice now. It's either fight or die” I said, reminding him of our current situation.

“How did you get my name anyways?” Suddenly bringing a new topic into our conversation, I bring up my name, my name which I though I hid well from everybody. He nods, slowly looking above us as he recalls the day when he first found out my name.

“Him” His hand slowly raised from his side and pointed towards Cheongsan. His mouth slowly curved upwards, smiling at me. “He told me to buy him food in exchange for your name” Suhyeok explained, his hands now resting on his blazer's pockets as his body swayed from side to side while he talks.

“You little bitch...” I hissed, grabbing Cheongsan's ear “You basically sold me!” I added, hitting him more when Daesu walked up to us “He did the same to the other guys” he whispered, even letting out a small laugh as he watched me slap Cheongsan's back over and over again.

...

I sat behind Onjo and quietly watched her every movements. I can't tell if she likes Cheongsan or Suhyeok by the looks she gives at both the guys but I would say, those two crackheads don't deserve her.

For some reason I don't trust both of them.

Well, I don't trust Cheongsan. That guy used me for free food by the reason that ‘I didn't think they'd actually do it’.

While I rest my head on the table, my eyes turned to Joonyeong agaisnt my will. I couldn't help but observe everyone in this room because I had never seen or interacted with them before besides Cheongsan and Onjo.

This group of classmates that probably once was full of energetic and optimistic students are now trapped in this horrible, apocalyptic world that no one would have ever thought would happen. Is everywhere now a zombie land?

Joonyeong's eyes shifted towards me and now our eyes locked on each other's gaze but was sadly cut short.

My brows knot upon noticing that beside him was Nayeon. It may have just been my imagination but I'm sure she was shaking as she stood by the window.

Now, I don't know what is going on in her mind when her lips began to smile as she stares at the window that displayed nothing but the chaos around us.

I just had to make sure I wasn't the only one seeing this so I raised my head squinted at her figure one last time before moving head to see the others that sat beside me. “Was she... shaking?” I whispered to the long haired girl who I never once see talking to other people.

She didn't reply, only staring into the corner where this pink cardigan girl stayed “You saw that too, right?” I continued.

I needed to see what was going so I stood up but was quickly blocked by a four eyed student that is covered by books and notebooks that I had placed on him. “Can I take these off now?” he asks, scratching his arms, telling me that the tape and the book combination made him itch and feel uncomfortable.

“Yes, yes, you, yes, can” I burst out with words that did not match the reply I was thinking about as my only focus was on the girl who is now standing infront of the blood stained wood stick that was used to kill a zombie.

So sorry for the lack of updates recently :(
I'll try hard to publish more!
but thank you so so so so much for 10k reads! and thank you for my loyal readers who had been supporting this book since the start :)