7

Chapter seven

❝ The bright blue skies and the fresh air that I meet here in my dreams... Would I ever see that again? ❞
---———————---

I slowly made my way to the window, wanting to see the chaos that is happening outside

I watch as students try to flee from the large amount of zombies that are scattered around the field that all wants nothing but blood.

Is this really happening? is this the end of the world for us? The worst thing as well is that I got trapped here with no actual healthy food that contains the ones I need to survive.

I do have water but I doubt that it would last days. I have three bars of chocolates but that would only make me more thirsty.

I hear my stomach growl and I knew I needed to eat one of the bars. I haven't had lunch.
I wish I had lunch.

I shakingly open one of the chocolate bars that I had packed in my tote bag and close the window before slowly sitting down on the ground, back facing the wall.

I watch as the zombies fron outside mindlessly walk around the corridors, waiting for it's next building.

Though I am not the fittest nor the strongest, I feel like I could make it atleast half way of this apocalypse knowing that I have some sort of weapon in my hands.

It's not the sharpest, it will not cut you even if you hit hard, but it will be convenient for the most part. The tip is definitely something though so if I stab hard enough, it could pierce through their necks.

Already planning things ahead, oh boy will I love this.

I have nothing to lose anyways. Sure, I am concerned about my ex but that's all to it. I'm sure he can survive with that brutal instincts of his. He probably wouldn't even hesitate to use someone as a human shield.

My lips slowly curved upwards.

Maybe I am the psycho, not him.
I would love to survive but not for the life, but for something else. I would love to try and survive just for the thrill. I wouldn't want to miss this and besides, imagine turning and you start break dancing infront of people like hell no that's embarrassing as fuck.

After finishing half of the bar, I wrap it back on the plastic and threw it in my tote bag. I should save the food for later. Who knows how long I'll be stuck here?

I stand up again, wanting to see the zombies.

“They're brutal” I whisper to myself. If I want to last long enough then I need some sort of protection.

I look at my tote bag from beside my feet and remembered all the zombie apocalypse movies I've watched over the years.

Wrap books and magazines around your limbs so they wouldn't be able to infect you so easily. Though I don't know how hard they bite, I think a bunch of coloured paper wouldn't do. I need something thick, not something that can just easily be gone after one drop of saliva.

I guess I can't after all. It would only slow me down from being uncomfortable and it wouldn't even do me some protection.

I just started taping the paper I have on the doors and some on the window, saving sone paper just incase I'll need them later.

The room feels safer now.
closing my eyes so I can meet peace in my dreams. I'll worry about this later.

I drift asleep where I know no one could hurt me.

The bright blue skies and the fresh air that I meet here in my dreams... Would I ever see that again?

I wanted fo continue dreaming, seeing all those vibrant colours around me felt heavenly but I woke up after I heard growling and shoes running from outside the room.

I slowly stand up, holding my katana and ready to peek outside the door.

“AAaaaa” a yell from the outside was heard, followed by several voices talking and yelling on top of each other, clearly all distressed.

Are they normal or are they turning into zombies?

“Hurry up and open it!” A girl yelled as the door started to move, but wouldn't because I barricaded it with tables on top of each other.

“I think someone's there!” A male's voice followed, probably noticing the fire hose and the obvious papers stuck to the windows which are not broken and shattered after being hit from the outside.

I froze, hesitating if teaming up with people would be good. There are good people but there are always those bastards who would only danger the group.

“Is someone there?! please let us in” A familiar voice cried out as they continuously push the door open.

Not even thinking on who it was, I rush to door and started pushing all the tables I laid.

Pushing the door myself, I was greeted by Onjo who's mouth dropped after seeing me inside.
I was about to drag her inside when someone with a pink cardigan pushed the both of us away so she could be the first to enter safety.

“Everyone, get in!” The boy from before yelled as they all get in one by one, only leaving one outside. A guy who's holding a fucking door and pushing hoards of zombies with it. What a madlad.

Tripping on air, he falls to the ground only just a little away from the door, I grab his arm and helped him crawl inside, just enough before the  zombies could get him.

Now.

I watch as everyone pants and the smell of their sweat filled the air, making me run to the window and open it for even more of a horrid smell of blood to come rush in.

I look at them all one by one and noticed how many of them are in here.

Besides Cheongsan and Onjo... Who the hell are these people?