| 16 |

This is the fifth time I'm going out at night, this week. The sleep deprivation is starting to set in but I'd rather go with Aaron than let him get hurt again. Today we're going out a bit earlier. We thought we saw something but every day we come back with nothing. It's been getting colder out so I keep having to add layers. 

I'm walking beside Aaron and he looks like he's about to fall asleep standing. We've been out for an hour and he just told them to go and try to find something. Children are running around playing. I wish I could remember something like that from my childhood. Aaron looks at them. He looks distraught. 

"Hey, you okay?" I ask him. He runs a hand over his face and turns to me.

"Yes," He pauses. "Maybe, I don't know. Probably just tired." 

"Ok, me too." He stumbles a little bit and turns around "What?" I ask. He looks around and picks it up. 

"Aw! It's so cute!" I say. I reach forward into his arms and pet the small thing. He nods over to a recently vacated housing unit. He ducks down behind one of the fences and I follow him. He pulls off the glove from his good hand and pulls out a danish.  The dog practically bites his hand off. It dives into the warmth of his coat. I pull him out and hold him close to my body, hoping to warm him up a little. I hear a gasp from behind us. I look up and see, Juliette? 

"Hey! You there!" Aaron shouts. 

"Aaron." I whisper. "It's her." He seems to notice. I look up at him and he looks back at the spot she was just in. 

"Where did she go?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I reply with. Suddenly Kenji is standing beside her. A smile lights up my face.  I look at him with hope in my eyes.

"Is it just me or can you see them too?" I ask.

"No, Y/n. No one is there. Let's go, we're both tired and seeing things." 
I can't leave him. 

"No," I look back to where they were and they've disappeared. "Not again." 

"Come on, Y/n/n." Aaron says guiding me away from the houses. The dog barks as if in agreement with him. Aaron picks him up and walks away. 

What the hell is happening to me?