| 14 |

When I get back to my room one of my father's men is waiting for me. 

"What do you require, soldier." 
The supreme soldiers are some of the most trusted members of The Reestablishment.

"I have been instructed to tell you that the supreme commander has requested that you join him for dinner tonight."
I try to walk past the guard and back into the safety of my own room. He grabs my arm and pulls me in front of him.

"Hey! Let go of me!"

"I was told I needed verbal acceptance before I can let you leave."

"Okay, fine. I accept or whatever. God."

"It is an honour to have dinner with our supreme."

"Yeah, maybe if he wasn't your father and a horrible person." I mutter under my breath.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing, you are dismissed, soldier." 
He walks off into the distance. I enter my room and stand by the window. The sun is barely peeking through the smog our world has made. It's depressing how much we've destroyed our world and the people in it. I wish I could help with this. Aaron could, he's the son of a supreme commander, I'm just the daughter he didn't want. I need to talk to him whether he wants to or not. I know how to get into his room. I press the pager button and call down.

"Hello, Miss." 

"Delalieu. I would like the keys to my brother's room. Now."

"Oh, um. Yes, Miss. Of course. They are being sent down as we speak." I scared him well enough that he'll get me them. 

"Thank you, Delalieu." I turn off my pager and wait for the keys to be delivered.
When the keys finally get here, I thank the person who brought them and start off towards Aaron's room. I put my ear up to his door to see if I can hear what he's doing. Suprise, I can't. I put the key into the lock and slowly turn it, careful not to make any noise. When I get inside I say;

"Aaron! Are you in here?" 

"Y/n?! What are you doing here? How did you get in here?"
I spin the keys around my finger. 

"Where did you get those." He asks me. 

"Nowhere of consequence." 

"Everywhere is somewhere of consequence, now out!" 

"Aaron, I just want to talk to you. I'm not asking this time!" 

"Out, Y/n. Now. I'm going out anyway." 

"Aaron! That's how you got shot the first time. You know what, fine. I tried, just like you say you did."
I storm out of Aaron's room. I'm walking downstairs when I run into my father. 

"Y/n... Hello."

"Hello, Father. Is there something I can help you with?"

"Actually yes. Do you know where your brother might be?" 

"I think, um," I have to choose my words carefully here. "He's working and told me he didn't want me to be bothered."

"Are you sure? You're not lying to me, are you?"

"No." I tell him. I'm losing the stability in my voice.

"I know your lying, Y/n. I saw him leave. Why would you lie? You know what happens to liers." I do. He looks down at me, the disappointment on his face is prominent. I've seen this so many times, it almost doesn't bother me anymore. "You and your brother can be such a disappointment sometimes, Y/n. " He continues.

"I know, Father."

"Then why do you continue?" The amusement in his voice is rising. He thinks he'll make me mad. 

"I don't know, listen I have work to do so if you'll excuse me." I attempt to pass him when he says; 

"Ok, nice to see someone wants to work. See you later Y/n." 
I take a deep breath and keep walking, I don't look back and never stop. That's one actual useful thing I learned from my father. I walk to the Quadrant. I want to clear my thoughts and the, relatively, fresh air will be good. I make sure there's no one around me and I pull out my picture of Kenji. I hold it tight, I really miss him. I was also right the fresh air felt good. 

When I look up I see Aaron returning. I decide that I've sat out here long enough. I walk back inside to see him walking down to where the simulation rooms are. I follow him careful not to make any noise. I watch him enter the last room in the hall. I step into the viewing area. It reminds me of my first time here. He has tears streaming down his face.

"Oh, Aaron." I whisper.