In Love With An Alien - Stopping Doomsday

Chapter 13 – Stopping Doomsday

“And if we fail?”

“Then most people you love and care about will die.” Rogue announced solemnly.

After that statement I sat back with a worried expression and scrambled my brain, searching for answers that might help solve this dilemma we were facing.

“My dad.” I shouted after several minutes of silence. Rogue and Xavier looked at me with confused expressions. “My dad can help.” I said brightly.

“I don’t see how.” Rogue disagreed.

“look he’s a scientist too, and he and his team work on coming up with antidotes to new viruses maybe if you show him David Hannigan’s work he  might be able to help.” I explained.

Rogue frowned and considered what I was saying for a while, “Reese I don’t know if your dad can develop the cure, besides our mission is to find David Hannigan and let him develop the cure not your dad.”

“I know, but we can’t find David Hannigan and with each passing second doomsdays draws nearer…..”

“Doomsday?” Rogue and Xavier asked in unison.

“Yes doomsday, once those black angels release that virus it will be the end of us, but never mind that for now, what we need to do is find my dad and give him a copy of David Hannigan’s research so he can continue, in the mean time we can keep looking for David but at least we would have another person working on the cure.” I explained quickly.

“Rogue I agree with Reese, if we can’t find David we could try someone else right.” Xavier put in.

After several seconds Rogue nodded, “Fine we’ll pay a visit to your dad but need I remind you that Steven and his thugs or perhaps Violet might be camping around your house waiting for you to show up so they could kill us.”

“Don’t worry I know a secret way to the cabin, they won’t see us coming.” I assured them.

“ok.” Rogue said, but he didn’t seem entirely convinced.

“Plus you could cause a storm and cover our tracks.’ I suggested.

“No that would be too dangerous, if I do that Violet will know for sure I’m in the area and do her damnest best to find me.” rogue disagreed quickly.

“But…” I started to say.

“No buts Reese, it’s too dangerous.”

“Ok” I gave in.

                                                *************

“My sister and I found this route three years ago; we got lost and discovered this route leading to the cabin by accident.” I explained, presently we were standing at the end of the woods, if we followed the route I was suggesting we would be in the cabin in 3o minutes.

“I don’t like this, it’s too dark and we can’t use a flashlight because it might attract unwanted attention, how will we know if an animal is approaching” Xavier complained.

“Don’t worry I could still find my way to the cabin blindfolded.” I smiled at him, he shook his head.

“What if we get attacked?” Xavier asked.

“For god sakes stop your whining.” Rogue snapped. “Reese lead the way.” he ordered.

“Sure….we need to climb that small hill and then take a left turn when we descend.” I explained.

I had to sandwiched between Xavier and Rogue as we walked because I was the one who couldn’t defend myself if we got attacked from either and the boys thought it would be best if I remained in the middle.

“Are we lost?’ Xavier complained bitterly forty minutes later when we still hadn’t seen any sign of the cabin.

“No we’re not I just wasn’t expecting it to be this long, I must have miscalculated.” I said, refusing to admit I was lost.

“Yeah right.” Xavier scoffed.

“Ssshhhh…….. Be quite you two.” Rogue hissed at us and pointed at two men who we hadn’t seen before strolling through the woods. We hid behind some tall bushes and waited for them to go away.

“Is that some of Steven’s men.” I asked.

“I don’t know but they don’t look friendly either.” Rogue answered. “They don’t seem like they’ll be leaving anything soon, I think we should go around them.” Rogue suggested. We both nodded and crawled through the mud until we were in the safe distance.

After another several minutes of walking again the cabin came into view, “see I told you I knew where I was going.” I told Xavier who just scoffed.

Getting inside the house was difficult, we had to break one of the windows because my dad had the whole house on lockdown, and we couldn’t make much noise either, because someone might overhear and then we would be caught red handed.

Inside I asked the guys to wait in my room whiles I went to find my dad, I hadn’t spoken to him since the day I had fled with Rogue, HE must be terribly upset about my disappearance and my mom too.

I tried my best to be quite whiles sneaking into dad’s room but I must have failed miserably because the minute I pushed my parents bedroom open a familiar voice rang in my ears.

“Who’s there?” Dad shouted. The light came on suddenly, because I had been in the dark for so long my eyes hurt. “Oh god……Reese.” He shouted again, but this time it was more of happiness than alarm.

“dad please keep it down.” I shushed him, but he was too overcome with joy at seeing me to hear my request. It wasn’t soon before I was been crushed against him.

“Oh my baby what happened to you?” He sobbed.

“Dad! I’m not a baby….stop suffocating me.” I said but I was so glad to see him, I never thought I would be able to hold him like this again.

“Where did you go? Do you know the kind of trouble you’re in.” he scolded me whiles he shook my shoulders.

“Dad we need help.” I pleaded.

“Help?....and who’s we.” He asked puzzled.

“Come with me.” I took his hands and led to my room where Rogue explained everything to him.

“I’ve worked with Pinerose before I can’t believe they would do something such as this.” Dad exclaimed after Rogue was done explaining.

“But you believe us.” I asked.

“Of course, why would you lie to me about something like this?” Dad said.

I smiled at him, my father was one person you could always count on, how could I have forgotten.

“first of all I need a copy of those files so I can start working on the cure, I’m sure we can come up with something and then you three have to leave because its too dangerous especially now that they have promised a bounty on your head.” dad said.

“A bounty.” Rogue asked.

“oh you haven’t heard, you three really need to listen to news if you plan on eluding the cops, they announced yesterday that whoever finds any of you will be rewarded 500,000 so I can assure you everyone in this little town of ours is looking for you.” Dad said a bit upset.

“What!!! Which idiot did that.” I asked.

“That would be me.” Steven’s familiar voice enveloped the room; we all turned around and found ourselves surrounded by at least thirty armed men.

“Hello Reese…….welcome home.” He said with an evil grin

                               To be continued………..

So sorry I’m leaving you guys hanging but I’ve too many assignments to complete but I just had to write today so you guys had something to read. Sorry again!!!