In Love With An Alien? - Gone

Chapter 6 – Gone

“Who are you?” I asked Rogue.

“I thought you already knew.”

“An alien….. I don’t think so anymore that’s why I’m asking, so who exactly are you.”

Second turned into minutes and my question remained unanswered, Rogue was still crouched over my laptop busily typing away and pretending he hadn’t heard my question. I sighed and gave up, fine he didn’t want to answer my question.

“I’ll be back….” I said after a while.

He lifted his head and stared into my face, “Where are you going Reese.”

The heck if I know, all I wanted to do at the moment was to put some distance between us so I could think clearly, “I need to check some stuff, I’ll be back in an hour or less.”

“Ok……..thanks for everything Reese.” He said.

I frowned because it sounded like he was saying goodbye, “Hey you have to stay in here because those law enforcement officers who are looking for you are outside.” I warned him that should discourage him in case he wanted to leave.

He smiled at me and nodded.

I walked out of the storage room and headed towards the cabin, outside dark clouds had gathered in the sky and it looked like it was going to rain heavily.

“It still hurts.” I heard Clarisse complaining to my mom in the kitchen.

“Did you take the pain killers?” My mom asked just as I stepped into the kitchen.

“Of course I did but it’s not working.” Clarisse complained.

“I told you to take the pill and sleep it off, the sooner you do that the better it would be for you.” I scolded her.

“Fine.” She mumbled and stormed out. I sat down in one of the empty chairs, grabbed an apple and began to munch on it.

“Oh darn its raining again.” my mom swore staring through the kitchen window. “I wanted to go to the saloon.”

“Mmm.” I mumbled not really caring, why didn’t rogue want to tell me who he was, he couldn’t be human because he had frozen that tiger in mid air, how many human could do that? So what was he?

“What’s gotten into you lately?” My mom questioned distracting me out of my conflicting thoughts, “And don’t tell me it’s nothing because I’m not stupid.”

“Let’s talk about it later ok mom cos I don’t feel well right now.” I said sliding off the chair I had been sitting on. “Please.” I added when she looked like she wanted to further discuss my new attitude.

“Fine.” She sighed and watched me leave.

I climbed up the stairs and went to my bedroom,  the minute I saw my warm bed I felt drowsy, I crawled into my warm inviting bed thinking maybe after I slept the I would feel better and all my questions would be magically answered.

“Reese wake up……… Reese.” Clarisse shrieked at me.

“What.” I yelled. It felt like I had closed my eyes for a couple of seconds before I was being awaken.

“Mom made dinner she wants you to come help her set the table.”

“Dinner……” I asked baffled, what did she mean by dinner it was early in the morning.

“Yes dinner.” She hissed at me, “My God you are lazy do you intend to sleep till the next morning.’

But I wasn’t listening to her I was staring through my bedroom window, it was dark outside I realized, I quickly jumped out of my bed.